Charger Forums banner

Should I add the FLEX badge on the trunk?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so my good friend Matt (elcobra44) sent me this awesome blackout decal that says Charger to go along the bottom of the trunk, but I haven't put it on yet.

Here's what it looks like on his car:

So I will probably remove the chrome "Charger" emblem, as he has done, once I add it.

Now what I though of doing, was getting a Ford "FLEX" emblem to replace it.

I've discussed this with a few people, and most of them think it's silly.

I think it would be cool to have my nickname badged on the trunk.

What do you think? Vote and let me know.

Also, Can someone photoshop it for me? Please? :D:):D

:beerchug:

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Just do it Flex...you think it's cool? That is all that matters! Who's gonna laugh at you because they thought it was silly?

I think it would be neat to have my nickname on my car but unfortunately, "You'reonebigleanmeanmeatandgreenvegetableeatingmachine" just won't fit! :rofl:

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
I dunno I'm torn, but hey I put s pumpkin king on my car what do I kno :)

·
Super Moderator
11,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
54 views and only 6 votes??? :slap:

It's only a mouse-click, people. :biggrinjester:

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
honestly, the first time i saw the ad on this site for the FLEX, i thought you needed to put that badge on your car.....go for it

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
I like each idea individually but not really together. That trunk blackout is nice and has been my favorite trunk option for a while. Do you plan on doing other graphics or is that it?

·
Super Moderator
11,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like each idea individually but not really together. That trunk blackout is nice and has been my favorite trunk option for a while. Do you plan on doing other graphics or is that it?
I don't have the trunk blackout like Matt has in the pic, just the CHARGER decal for the bottom half of the trunk.

As for toher graphics I doubt it.

We want to get a red pinstripe but will only do that if we can find someone to paint it on professionally.

-=FLEX=-

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Maybe instead of the FLEX badge, a flat black rocker panel stripe that has the word "FLEX" in them. More subtle than the badge, and I the rocker panel stripes look good on the Charger. If you are going to put the CHARGER vinyl on back in flat back, the stripes would go with it. You could probably even have them do the "FLEX" letters in the same font as the charger vinyl.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Um... Why didnt you just have the graphics shop etch FLEX in the blackout, so that your BB paint would show through it?

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
sure, if you wanna put ford parts on your dodge then go for it.

:no:

not my cup of tea. i already have a blast messing with the old timers at the shows who have a xx ford with a xx chevy rear end and xx dodge motor blah blah blah

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Jim find a freehand pinstriper online near you and have them do it for you. Should onle be like 200$ and will look great.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
How about a compromise?

Back the "FLEX" emblem (most likely individual letters as shown) in magnetic stripping.

http://www.custom-magnets.com/Adhesive_Magnetic_Strips.htm
(this is just an example I'm sure you can get it at the nearest arts and crafts store... or you can send Lisa if the place isn't manly enough for you :D)

That way at meets you can put it on and people will know it's your car, you can take it off when you drive around so that people who don't know you don't laugh and take photos of the charger with an identity issue.

As long and you keep the magnetic backing clean before putting it on (i'm assuming it would go in roughly the original place over the vinyl) you shouldn't worry much about scratches as long as you are careful.

·
Super Moderator
11,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jim find a freehand pinstriper online near you and have them do it for you. Should onle be like 200$ and will look great.
Eventually we will. :)

How about a compromise?

Back the "FLEX" emblem (most likely individual letters as shown) in magnetic stripping.

http://www.custom-magnets.com/Adhesive_Magnetic_Strips.htm
(this is just an example I'm sure you can get it at the nearest arts and crafts store... or you can send Lisa if the place isn't manly enough for you :D)

That way at meets you can put it on and people will know it's your car, you can take it off when you drive around so that people who don't know you don't laugh and take photos of the charger with an identity issue.

As long and you keep the magnetic backing clean before putting it on (i'm assuming it would go in roughly the original place over the vinyl) you shouldn't worry much about scratches as long as you are careful.
That's not a bad idea, brother. Beans for that. Whoops; wrong forum.

:biggrinjester:

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
392 Posts
Put the Flex badge on there, and you'd also have to put this on then...

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I'm voting no, but that's because the options are limited. If I had a choice, I would mount it somewhere inside the car. I, too, thought of doing something similar and mounting it on my sub. But not on the outside of the car. People will think you have some sort of special Flex fuel Charger that doesn't exist.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I am assuming the Charger decal is in flat black? Why not get Rider to make a smaller "Flex" decal in flat black also. I am cool with the Flex part just not mixing the flat black and chrome back there.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Badges are not my style but I say go for it Flex! If I found a badge with my screen name I would find a place for it...even if it was on my tool box. :smile:

·
Super Moderator
11,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so what did you decide.
I haven't put the decal on, but I think I will get the Ford FLEX badge and put it under the hood somewhere, like on the fusebox cover. :D

Thanks everyone for your input. :bigthumb:

-=FLEX=-

1 - 20 of 20 Posts