Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to get a 10w7 but i found out about RE audio. They seem pretty good. I would get the sx10D2 from RE audio.

Which is better?

·
Registered
133 Posts
How subwoofers are you planning one running and what kind of amp are going to run to it? I would recommend picking the amp and the subs or sub to match it. RE is a great product and so is JL, but they work best when they are match with a amp the can support there possible output.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How subwoofers are you planning one running and what kind of amp are going to run to it? I would recommend picking the amp and the subs or sub to match it. RE is a great product and so is JL, but they work best when they are match with a amp the can support there possible output.

Yeah im getting the RE sx10d4 with the US Amp xt2000de V2

They should match up perfectly. All i would need is a box,wires, and installer =P

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I would say the quality is pretty close but RE has some GREAT prices!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Orion. Thats one also i have been looking at. My brother said that their systems suck and they break to easily. I should've posted a thread and asked.

But http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9802_orion+HCCA10.4-.html

Is that a very good sub? I dont know much about orion.
from everything ive heard....that sub is a MONSTER. Jason (ChargeRonDavins) has 4 HCCA 12's in his competition truck/daily driver.

Orions amps, he doesnt say much thats good about them.....

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
from everything ive heard....that sub is a MONSTER. Jason (ChargeRonDavins) has 4 HCCA 12's in his competition truck/daily driver.

Orions amps, he doesnt say much thats good about them.....
Yeah i've read that their some pretty good subs. Thats crazy though. 4 lol.

But yeah, i'd get a better amp to run it. I wouldn't get orion.

Anybody with suggestions?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've had a 13w7 and two 12w7's. Now i'm running a 15" xxx made by re and pushing it with a directed 2400d amp. I love it. Jl amps gave me all types of battery and alternator problems. Ive been running this for two years now. You pay for the name. The quality is the same. Mobile one, a local but well known audio shop built the box for me and was making fun until they heard it. After that all they had to say was " it's still an internet co." that was funny.

·
Registered
88 Posts
subs

I have had three different JL audio setups befor, ive used the W1v2's,W3v3'3, and the W6's they are very expensive but in my opionion some of the best sound quality you can buy and the amps are very reliable and last forever. Other than jL you should check out Kicker,Alpine or REaudio i wouldnt recommended any other brand. i just put one 12inch alpine type R with my jl amp and man i was impressed sounds great you should check those out. Most these brand out there will pound like hell but sound absolutely horrible in SQ, but yeah try to stick with one brand of amp and sub.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The next question I would ask is. Are you going for volume or quality of bass? If you are going for quality, them your system is as good as your weaks link. If it is for volume, the more woofer you use. The more possible output. This also causes a few other challenges. Like charging systems and the big 3 needs to be done. I am a SQ guy. So quality is a must for me unless it is free.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I've had a 13w7 and two 12w7's. Now i'm running a 15" xxx made by re and pushing it with a directed 2400d amp. I love it. Jl amps gave me all types of battery and alternator problems. Ive been running this for two years now. You pay for the name. The quality is the same. Mobile one, a local but well known audio shop built the box for me and was making fun until they heard it. After that all they had to say was " it's still an internet co." that was funny.
How was the difference between the 12w7 and the 2 12w7's??
Any complaints about the xxx?
How does it sound? Does it go pretty deep?

:D

·
Registered
343 Posts
How was the difference between the 12w7 and the 2 12w7's??
Any complaints about the xxx?
How does it sound? Does it go pretty deep?

:D
IMO it goes deeper than JL but still gives you the same quality and tight bass. They're doing something right, they just started getting authorized sellers but have been well known for years.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts