Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have my subs and amp hooked up, all i need to do is connect rca's but here is my problem, I still have my factory head unit in. Is there still a way i can hook it up without buying a new head and having it still sound good? and/or Is there a way to not purchase anything and just tap into it and have it still sound good?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I plan on working on this tomorrow afternoon

·
Registered
689 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My Charger is an '06, just the standard package. I just decided to put it in cuz its been in my basement for a few years but ive hooked it up to another car to make sure everything works. My amp is a American Legacy 2 ch. 800w

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Line-out converter is your only option, but it's going to sound like crap. The front door speakers are crossed over at 50hz and the rears at 65hz, IIRC. If you do tap speakers with the LOC, tap the doors. It'll still sound horrible, though. You're best off getting a REALLY CHEAP aftermarket head unit, and it will sound LOADS better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Line-out converter is your only option, but it's going to sound like crap. The front door speakers are crossed over at 50hz and the rears at 65hz, IIRC. If you do tap speakers with the LOC, tap the doors. It'll still sound horrible, though. You're best off getting a REALLY CHEAP aftermarket head unit, and it will sound LOADS better.
Alright, what head unit would you say is the least pain to put in, doesnt have to be super cheap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts