Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
rattling sound inside cabin

First post...

I've had my black R/T for almost a week and the power is awesome. However, its been in and out of the dealership getting the options installed. The sunroof and spoiler were installed last tuesday, and the Sirius satellite radio was put in today.

Here's my problem. After the radio was put in, it seems as though there is a rattling sound inside the cabin. I hear it when I go over small bumps on the road. It sort of sounds like loose glass, and its pretty noticeable. I drove it back to the dealership and they said I'd need to bring it back in the morning so they can look at it and fix it. They evidently had to take apart most of the interior to install that roof antenna.

Has anyone else had the satellite radio installed at the dealership and encountered any of these problems? I'm trying to be patient. They have been letting me drive a brand new R/T Magnum in the meantime. I feel like I've been in it more than my Charger.

·
Registered
619 Posts
hey slugworth, you said you got the spoiler put on, which one? how much did you pay for the spoiler and how much for the install through the dealer? thats if you dont mind me asking. could you please post me some pics or PM them to me. i want the spoiler from the daytona sooo bad. BTW i havent had any problem with rattling noises and i have the sirius radio. how do like driving the magnum (aka man wagon).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Magnum is great. There are a lot of blind spots towards the rear though because its a wagon. The car feels lower and closer to the ground, which I like. The power feels the same. The engine sounds a little higher.

As for the spoiler, I chose it as one of the options so installation was free. It was $600 and I had it painted the same as the car--glossy black. But now I'm wishing I had it painted flat black because I also want to track down a flat black crosshair grill like the Daytona.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey how is the sound quality. I am planning on doing the same thing with the sirius radio. hey quick question how much did they charge for it. Is the sound quality that much different from using a FM tuner which is a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
289 Posts
rogelio aguilera said:
hey slugworth, you said you got the spoiler put on, which one? how much did you pay for the spoiler and how much for the install through the dealer? thats if you dont mind me asking. could you please post me some pics or PM them to me. i want the spoiler from the daytona sooo bad. BTW i havent had any problem with rattling noises and i have the sirius radio. how do like driving the magnum (aka man wagon).
I getting a spoiler installed next week. The dealer is installing and color matching the spoiler to my Black R/T. Out the door $475.

How much was a sunroof installations?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Again, like the spoiler and satellite radio, it was one of the options. When I bought the car, we just went down the list of options and I said either yes or no. It was all tacked on as part of the price of the car. Then the salesman found a black Charger R/T at another one of their dealerships that was close to what I wanted. I bought the car, then I started taking it in to the dealership installing the options. The sunroof addition was just under a $1000.

About the spoiler, since it was part of the deal, I could choose what color I wanted the spoiler to be.

The satellite radio is great. $200 extra as an option. I figured at that price, what's another $200 added to a $30,000 car? Lots of channels, and the sound quality is very nice. Of course, the 322 watt sound system helps... I spend most of the time just switching channels to what's on. You can make presets just like a regular radio, too. It doesn't work in tunnels or underground parking garages.

They rushed the radio installation and now there's a rattling noise (see first post). So I have to take it back in.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I miss my sunroof. The sunroof you got installed is it pretty big? Still thinking about it but got the itch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts