Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm experencing some rattling (if you can call it rattling) or perhaps a tingling sound from the passanger side of the vechile. I've found it is much more pronounced when I'm steering the car left. When I go right, the sound usually goes away. I'm thinking it has something to do with the suspension, but I thought I would see what the forum's take on the issue was.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

acroos21
2006 Brilliant Black Dodge Charger SRT8
Mods: Mopar CAI

·
Registered
282 Posts
My dashboard on the passenger side around the front speaker is rattling like crazy. I have to take it to the dealer and they might have to replace the dash pad.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Does it sound like your power steering pump? Both my chargers have had an issue with it.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I only get the "clunking" sound in the front end from time to time. Is it clunking?

I remember people stating what it was and I guess it's normal....?

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have the same sound coming from the rear of the car. It is either the headliner or the rear speaker tray.

It's a metallic rattle sound, very annoying.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I have the same sound coming from the rear of the car. It is either the headliner or the rear speaker tray.

It's a metallic rattle sound, very annoying.
I have the same sound.... and something around my sunroof but its not the TSB sunroof rattle. Mine only occurs when im going up steep driveways, more of a creek than rattle. But from time to time I do get that rattle at the rear of the car. Someone said they took down the headliner and reglued it and its gone.

on sharp bumps I get a clunk from the front suspension, I dont know what that is but im sure its the struts and the way they were designed maybe?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Dudes...it's a Dodge, you've got to expect a certain level of rattles. Ha.
I hate that excuse. Its 2007 and my $18,000 Honda Civic doesn't have any rattles, and since the LX is based off of the previous gen E class and my car stickers for 44,000 any rattle/creeks is unacceptable. But this is why American cars have quality issues compared to Japanese and German cars. That said I know how to get rid of my creek..... put the hammer down! Between the 6.1L, Zoomers, AFE, and me screaming I cant hear anything! Whhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooo

·
Registered
325 Posts
I had rattles from my front suspension, turned out it was sway bar links, got them replaced under warranty and problem solved.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
i'd say definately check the power steering fluid. on my previous cars, as soon as the fluid got low it would make a rattling sound, and this is really bad for the pump.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts