Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am gonna freak out!! After using almost 30 sq ft of Dynamat Extreme in my trunk and I put my system in this weekend and I have a damn rattle on the back deck. Its the part right above the seatbelt coil. I saw it mentioned before that it was an issue but I cant seem to find if anyone had a solution...any ideas on how to get rid of it??? I was thinking of cutting a small peice of wood to lay across the top then somehow fasten that to the seatbelt thing and the back deck.

Any ideas????

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
...I have a damn rattle on the back deck. Its the part right above the seatbelt coil. I saw it mentioned before that it was an issue but I cant seem to find if anyone had a solution...any ideas on how to get rid of it???
Any ideas????
x2 Bout to finish up my system prolly this week and whatever it is on the back deck is only gonna get worse----i have to keep the bass down on even my stock speakers because they can make it rattle too loud for me to deal with! I can only imagine what my system is gonna make it sound like! :knockout:

-Pat

·
Registered
415 Posts
The trunk light rattles like hell guys. Try removing it and seeing if that helps. I installed an 8" woofer in my rear deck. I ended up removing the center seat belt and the trunk light. No more rattles! Oh, i do not have any dynomat installed either!

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
UNBOLT the seat belt retractor and put dynafoil under it and bolt it back down but you will still have a very small rattle from the spring inside. also the hole going threw the rear deck for the factory sub needs to be sealed off from the deck cover. what you can do is go to a craft store or walmart and pick up a bag [$5] of stuffing in the cloth department [its for stuffing pillows and hand made toys or find your self some old t-shirts and remove the bottom trunk liner on the bottom of the deck and look up threw the factory sub hole. you will see a void of at least 4 inches between the carpeted rear deck and the steel deck top. now what you do is reach up in to the factory sub hole and stuff old t shirts or a old towel or your pillow stuffing around the sub hole so it becomes a seal around the hole between the 2 decks- what happening is the bass is making its way threw the factory sub hole and hitting the bottom of the carpeted deck and finding it way between the 2 decks the rattling the crap out of every thing and by stuffing a barricade around the factory sub hole it will stop 80% of the rear deck rattles. now the trunk lite can be shut up by taking it out and putting a piece of dynamat on the top and bottom of the deck were the lite goes and with a razor cut out the hole to put the lite back in. NOW all this will force the rear c piliers to rattle now so remove the trim panels there also and throw some dynamat there also. these cars are a major pain in the butt when it comes to stoping rattles. you can also just port the rear deck threw the the factory sub location and then stuff around the sub opening. the port has to be a 8 inch port kit with flares on both ends so you can port threw the upper carpeted deck and the lower trunk trim panel. you can get them from www.partexpress.com and look under speaker and cabinet building and then under ports.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
You keep mentioning this sub hole where my factory sub WAS..... well my factory sub still IS! I still am running the factory boston sub in the rear deck, so is there some other hole ur talking about thats near it, or were you only putting this advice out there for the people who removed it? Thanks for the advice though. IM gonna start with the trunk light and seat belt thing before i start taking apart the back deck lid and stuffing t-shirts up there.... hopefully I dont have to take it that far. But I am such a freak when it comes down to rattles and stuff like that. For a while now ive noticed a slight rattling like right in front of me while im driving, and every time i go over a bump i can hear something knocking..... Thought it was my keys on the dash, then thought it was something by the gauges, then i figured out it is the steering wheel adjuster/lever. The thing is just not that tight in there and rattles probably a 1/16 of an inch or so, but its enough to drive me nuts! Thanks for the advice though.

-Pat

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
sub 268 are you going to keep the factory sub??? what are you doing to the system? at the least if your factory 6x9's are rattling the rear deck then take them out and dynamat under them and the set belt retractor. you can also dynamat over it with dynafoil to help shut it up.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did pull the seat belt coil out and dynamat underneath it...and it still rattles like hell. So i cranked up the volume and pushed down on top of the seat belt coil and there was not another rattle...im thinking of either removing it all together or putting some sort of cushion about it to stop the deck from hitting the ceat belt coil!!!!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
sub 268 are you going to keep the factory sub??? what are you doing to the system? at the least if your factory 6x9's are rattling the rear deck then take them out and dynamat under them and the set belt retractor. you can also dynamat over it with dynafoil to help shut it up.

Yea I am keeping the factory sub in the back deck lid.... no need to take it out. I spliced into those wires for the hi-low converter to get just the sub frequency ranges.... so I figured why take it out if I dont have to. I am gonna run two 12s in the back. But yea, something is rattling on the back deck and from what it sounds like from you guys, my moneys on the idea that its the seat belt thing. Gonna look into that first..... I really dont feel like dynamatting anything. Its a PITA and Im not that conerned about getting max volume in the car.... what Im putting in should give me plenty of bump. Id rather start stuffing spaces or taking things off to get rid of rattles before dynamatting!

-Pat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts