Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:ninja: :ninja:

How you all doin on here......this is one of my first posts, an i can say this is one of my fav. forums on the web right now.....

but i will post pics when my car is out of the shop....but from bone stock w/ 22,000 miles i finally decieded to get some work done......

mods....

-Custom black paint with red pearl & x6 Clearcoats (thanks to eye candy orlando)
-24 in rims (dropstars ds01, Pirelli pzero nero 255/30/24)
-Chrome door handles, Mirrors, pillar posts, tail light bezels, and hopefully grille soon.
-custom chrome CAI w/ k&n Filter
-exhuast depot dual exhaust
-jba headers
-NEXT- Supercharger & superchip /custom black leather & Suede interior (hate the stock grey) / System

lemme know what you think.......pics will be up soon.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I guess that it is one of those things that you have to see to rate correctly. The paint sounds nice but my personal taste does not include all of the chrome accessories you listed. Again, I would have to see a pic to give a true rating but the most important thing is how you rate it. If you do a little searching you will see there are a lot of people who hate 24's and chrome everywhere but there are also some that love that look.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I guess that it is one of those things that you have to see to rate correctly. The paint sounds nice but my personal taste does not include all of the chrome accessories you listed. Again, I would have to see a pic to give a true rating but the most important thing is how you rate it. If you do a little searching you will see there are a lot of people who hate 24's and chrome everywhere but there are also some that love that look.

Welcome to the forum.

agreed....

having your cake and eating it too will be expensive, if you got the pockets to do so, brah, then do work...

but huge tires, basically put the car at a large disadvantage, and all the mods in the world may, if lucky, bring it back to stock power.

might wanna sit down and value and rate what YOU think is important. everyones gonna give different answers, which ultimately leaves you back at square one.

if you cant figure out is something worth doing, or its value, it might be wiser to just save your cash and wait till you do.

first thing i'd personally start with is figure out if you want a show car or a race car, and go from there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
agreed....

having your cake and eating it too will be expensive, if you got the pockets to do so, brah, then do work...

but huge tires, basically put the car at a large disadvantage, and all the mods in the world may, if lucky, bring it back to stock power.

might wanna sit down and value and rate what YOU think is important. everyones gonna give different answers, which ultimately leaves you back at square one.

if you cant figure out is something worth doing, or its value, it might be wiser to just save your cash and wait till you do.

first thing i'd personally start with is figure out if you want a show car or a race car, and go from there.

i have to say i agree with both of you, but the reason i bought the charger was for looks. Trust me if i wanted a race car i would have went for the hemi, but giving the car sound along with performance and looks seems like a good combo to me. especally along with the v6. I also have to add in, there is no other look 2 have ona charger except 24s.....except when at the track :lol: :lol:

And to those of you familiar with thomas night, the supercharger everybody keps talking about is stage 1. You add a front mount intercooler & piping with it, grade 9 bearings, injectors, and maybe some forged pistons, you can at LEAST double stage 1 psi. This is pulling away from the 5.7 keeping up with the 6.1. give him a call, i talked to him for over an hour....(just thought id throw it in since ive herd nobody else say it).

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
And to those of you familiar with thomas night, the supercharger everybody keps talking about is stage 1. You add a front mount intercooler & piping with it, grade 9 bearings, injectors, and maybe some forged pistons, you can at LEAST double stage 1 psi. This is pulling away from the 5.7 keeping up with the 6.1. give him a call, i talked to him for over an hour....(just thought id throw it in since ive herd nobody else say it).
>> insert popcorn smilie <<

Chicit ... welcome and be prepared for what could an onslaught of opinions on the bolded entry :D

·
Registered
334 Posts
pics or no rate
welcome to the forum

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'd say: "go nuts!"
Sounds like you have a plan, run with it. It'll look great and have pretty good performance.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Would need to see it, or a rendition. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts