Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rapper 50 Cent To Get First Dodge Charger

POSTED: 11:03 am EST January 18, 2005

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- It appears rapper 50 Cent gets what he wants.

DaimlerChrysler said it's rushing production on its 2006 Dodge Charger to make sure the hip-hop star gets the first one.

The update of the classic muscle car doesn't go on sale until the spring, but 50 Cent reportedly says he can't wait that long.

A Detroit newspaper reported that he told an industry magazine that, "I need to know what I gotta do to get that Dodge Charger first."

The same situation played out last year when the automaker made a special delivery of its Chrysler 300 for rapper Snoop Dogg.

The company said the connections are "worth more money than any advertising you could do in the marketplace."

·
Registered
19 Posts
So what your saying is that Daimler is not only catering to, but seeking publicity from an idustry that advocates drug use, thuggery, cop killing and rape.

How many Charger sales do you think Daimler will be making to law enforcement when they learn that?

Apparently, at the same time Daimler is wooing thugs, hoods and murderers some of its executives are telling Chrysler's lifelong customers to take a hike if they don't like the 2006 Charger.

My response to that is okay, I wouldn't give you "50 Cent" for that Ford Maverick look-alike anyway.

P.S. With the violent reputation of the Hip Hop and Gangster Rap music industries Daimler may want to make that an armored Dodge Charger.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mark Ebert said:
So what your saying is that Daimler is not only catering to, but seeking publicity from an idustry that advocates drug use, thuggery, cop killing and rape.

How many Charger sales do you think Daimler will be making to law enforcement when they learn that?

Apparently, at the same time Daimler is wooing thugs, hoods and murderers some of its executives are telling Chrysler's lifelong customers to take a hike if they don't like the 2006 Charger.

My response to that is okay, I wouldn't give you "50 Cent" for that Ford Maverick look-alike anyway.

P.S. With the violent reputation of the Hip Hop and Gangster Rap music industries Daimler may want to make that an armored Dodge Charger.
This guy acts like sombody assulted him personally.

I would be willing to bet that they don't care who they sell to as long as they sell. Snoop bought a 300, Nelly bought a Magnum, 50cent get's a Charger. Why does it matter if they are "thugs, hoods and murderers"? They need to drive just like anybody else.
One good thing, none of the "thugs, hoods and murderers" that live near me can afford these cars. Anyway......

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mark Ebert said:

Cant ever seem to escape the Right wing eh... Im not gonna make 50 cent out to be a saint, but im almost certain that you know nothing more about him then what bill orielly or the local news may have to say about him , i think its best for you to severve judgement on a representative of a culture that you know nothing about , and honestly I think him pushing the charger would be terrific for the company seeing as how young people minorities included are generally what this car is aimed at.. Who would have been better... Scott peterson.lol

·
Registered
115 Posts
1900KiLLa said:
Cant ever seem to escape the Right wing eh... Im not gonna make 50 cent out to be a saint, but im almost certain that you know nothing more about him then what bill orielly or the local news may have to say about him , i think its best for you to severve judgement on a representative of a culture that you know nothing about , and honestly I think him pushing the charger would be terrific for the company seeing as how young people minorities included are generally what this car is aimed at.. Who would have been better... Scott peterson.lol
Wow, it took me too long to decipher what the Hell you just said.

I agree strongly with Mark. Not just because of my political swayings, but because he's right! Here DCX is trying to cow tow to people who are criminals, while telling their base customers to go somewhere else if they wanted the car that DCX said they were making in the first place.

I would say that news reports generally don't lie, unless they're by the likes of Jayson Blair. So are you saying that 50 Cent somehow wasn't shot because of his ties to illegal gangs? Was it just some white school girls coming home from kindergarten who saw him standing by the side of the road and shot him?

I love how people always get indignant whenever soemone mentions something about conservative values, and decides that Bill O'Reilly is some conservative lord of the media. Being a Republican myself, I can't say I agree with Bill too often.

So 50 Cent is a representative of a "culture". What culture is that, friend? Is it a culture that buys most of Chrysler's new cars and are repeat buyers?

I'm a pretty young person myself, and if they aimed that Charger at me, I'm glad they missed me. Who really cares if minorities are part of that group? There are parts of that group that aren't minorities too. If we're constantly trying to divide up the country by races, this country will end up more segregated than ever.

Hmmm... no, Scott Peterson wouldn't have been too good to represent the Charger. How about Ron N. Everett AKA Ron Karenga represent the Charger? He could show us how to torture women in the advertisements that he stars in. Afterall, he's a pro.

·
Registered
40 Posts
SlickerSRT said:
Wow, it took me too long to decipher what the Hell you just said.

I agree strongly with Mark. Not just because of my political swayings, but because he's right! Here DCX is trying to cow tow to people who are criminals, while telling their base customers to go somewhere else if they wanted the car that DCX said they were making in the first place.

I would say that news reports generally don't lie, unless they're by the likes of Jayson Blair. So are you saying that 50 Cent somehow wasn't shot because of his ties to illegal gangs? Was it just some white school girls coming home from kindergarten who saw him standing by the side of the road and shot him?

I love how people always get indignant whenever soemone mentions something about conservative values, and decides that Bill O'Reilly is some conservative lord of the media. Being a Republican myself, I can't say I agree with Bill too often.

So 50 Cent is a representative of a "culture". What culture is that, friend? Is it a culture that buys most of Chrysler's new cars and are repeat buyers?

I'm a pretty young person myself, and if they aimed that Charger at me, I'm glad they missed me. Who really cares if minorities are part of that group? There are parts of that group that aren't minorities too. If we're constantly trying to divide up the country by races, this country will end up more segregated than ever.

Hmmm... no, Scott Peterson wouldn't have been too good to represent the Charger. How about Ron N. Everett AKA Ron Karenga represent the Charger? He could show us how to torture women in the advertisements that he stars in. Afterall, he's a pro.
The thing that angers me the most about this is that I feel like you people ( yes you people ) , feel as if people like 50 Cent arent worthy of endorsing such products , i mean you act like he's charles manson . You guys are also quick to associate Rap with Gang culture , news flash yes gang culture has made its mark on hiphop as it has many other places in AMERICAN culture , but 50 cents shooting had nothing to do with gang activity what so ever. To me its a slap in the face like you think all blacks are divided into gangs running around killing eachother in some sort of tribal fashion.. Im not gonna trun this into black Vs white. Consevative Vs rational. Bottom line is whether or not you like it to the Tune of $50,000,000 in 2004 50 Cent is a celebrity and he has an influence.. Bottom Line

·
Registered
115 Posts
1900KiLLa said:
The thing that angers me the most about this is that I feel like you people ( yes you people ) , feel as if people like 50 Cent arent worthy of endorsing such products , i mean you act like he's charles manson . You guys are also quick to associate Rap with Gang culture , news flash yes gang culture has made its mark on hiphop as it has many other places in AMERICAN culture , but 50 cents shooting had nothing to do with gang activity what so ever. To me its a slap in the face like you think all blacks are divided into gangs running around killing eachother in some sort of tribal fashion.. Im not gonna trun this into black Vs white. Consevative Vs rational. Bottom line is whether or not you like it to the Tune of $50,000,000 in 2004 50 Cent is a celebrity and he has an influence.. Bottom Line
Look, I'm not trying to get into a fight. I am very aware that 50 Cent has an influence. One would be an idiot to think he doesn't.

Where in that entire post did I even say that all African Americans are divided into gangs? So pray tell, what did his shooting have to do with?

So gangs fight more like the British, right? Standing there on the battle field, having tea on their way to some sort of fight? Or are the news reports I read all around of drive by shootings false, just like O'Reilly and other local news?

So now the conservatives are the ones who are irrational? Irrational how? In that we don't like to see the rest of the country lower their standards on how the people they admire should act?

I never said I was conservative, btw. I'm actually a pretty liberal guy.

I don't associate rap with gangs. I associate "gangster rap" with gangs.

I don't see how anyone can respect a man who would have a song with lyrics such as "Y'all ****** is *****". That isn't clever, that isn't funny, that is just offensive in every way shape and form.

50 Cent has influence. If only I weren't an Atheist, I would say, "so may God help us all".

·
Registered
40 Posts
honestly... Srt.. i see our problem is a cultural as well as language barrier.. but u seem cool otherwise... lemme give u an example.. les say i had some sort of altercation wit you an your pals ,and you wanted nothing to do with it , " yall ****** is ***** " is something i might use to describe you an your friends at that time... anyway 50 is the truth... you gotta admit it..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh my God. You guys are blowing this out of proportion. Bitching about the music industry and its criminals will do nothing. The labels will make their money either way. DCX realizes that if they sell the 1st Charger to 50 Cent that it will surely be featured in one of his music videos, thus free advertising/propaganda for the Charger. I noticed that none of you mentioned that DUB magazine has been working w/ Mopar to produce custom grills for the 300. What do you expect to happen when a manufacturer creates a car that looks similar to a Bentley and is affordable to middle class Americans? If 50 Cent is "cool" enough to own a charger then his fans who can afford one will definitely want to buy one. I'm sorry, but personally I think that the Charger would look fantastic lowered w/ dubs on it (I'm a white suburbanite male and I don't listen to 50 Cent or a lot of Rap music). After all, it's all about the Benjamins LOL.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mobotix said:
Oh my God. You guys are blowing this out of proportion. Bitching about the music industry and its criminals will do nothing. The labels will make their money either way. DCX realizes that if they sell the 1st Charger to 50 Cent that it will surely be featured in one of his music videos, thus free advertising/propaganda for the Charger. I noticed that none of you mentioned that DUB magazine has been working w/ Mopar to produce custom grills for the 300. What do you expect to happen when a manufacturer creates a car that looks similar to a Bentley and is affordable to middle class Americans? If 50 Cent is "cool" enough to own a charger then his fans who can afford one will definitely want to buy one. I'm sorry, but personally I think that the Charger would look fantastic lowered w/ dubs on it (I'm a white suburbanite male and I don't listen to 50 Cent or a lot of Rap music). After all, it's all about the Benjamins LOL.
I don't think that 1900killa (sorry I don't know your real name, mine's Chris, btw) would even call that bitching, just a way differing of opinion. Speaking of opinion, you're stating one that I've already put out on the line. As did 1900, since we've both agreed that 50 Cent will make for good advertising.

·
Registered
40 Posts
SlickerSRT said:
I don't think that 1900killa (sorry I don't know your real name, mine's Chris, btw) .

Names Cal... nice arguing wit you Chris .. now turn off that Tim mcgraw i got some real hood ***** shit for u ..lol :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
1900KiLLa said:
Names Cal... nice arguing wit you Chris .. now turn off that Tim mcgraw i got some real hood ***** shit for u ..lol :D
Ha! I can't wait to move out of north Florida, so I can stop having all of the hicks blast their country music in their pick ups with 14 inch rims and 33 inch tall tires.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, I guess the big show off doesn't get his first Charger. Maybe he can kiss butt for the second one off the line. I love Hip-Hop, let me say this again I said Hip-Hop not Hip-POP.

He failed at getting the first 300C so he has to go around trying to get the first something that is hot.

I lost all respect to this sell out. It's one thing to get rich by just hard work and honesty.

It's another to tell all your underground fans that your in it for the love and culture and not the money 7 years ago when he was a nobody.

Now this punk comes out with "Get Rich or Die Trying". He just put his own foot in his mouth. It's lame that all these great products are getting tied to him. I have to let the truth be known, sell outs in this Hip-Hop industry don't make it. There's too many of them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
300Cfirst,

most people here in the US try to "get rich or die trying" literally.
We all have to make a living. As for his talent, it's more marketing than anything.

Anyone in the culture knows that it is watered down. The best of the younger hip hop generation have past(big & pac) and they would've been in their early 30s.

The best of the culture is in their early to mid 30s, some in their 40s. The thing is the worst in hip hop, overall is still better than the best(concerning pop culture)

so if 50 can get the first or second charger so be it. It is not his fault that millions have bought his cd. I know I didn't.

·
Registered
8 Posts
tekhen said:
The best of the culture is in their early to mid 30s, some in their 40s. The thing is the worst in hip hop, overall is still better than the best(concerning pop culture)

wah!?what do u mean?

·
Registered
10 Posts
tekhen said:
It is not his fault that millions have bought his cd. I know I didn't.
If you knew about 50 cent like I do you would understand! I used to be a fan in 1998. A lot of Hip-Hop artist have gotten rich, but never said they weren't trying to get wealthy. It's all his fault that he sold millions. It makes me sick, that all this bling bling, drunk in the club, hip-hop is getting tagged as hip-hop, its pop. Too many great artist are not getting noticed for very creative and orginal work that they been producing because punks like 50 and his producers are blinding the real music.

The issue is that 50 had an interview many years ago where he said he hated people that sold out and could never see himself being a sell out. Going further he said that’s not what kind of person he is.

I don't mind people who get rich being a sell out. I do mind a preacher that looks down on his followers for being a sinner, yet the preacher hides a bunch of drugs right next to the church wine.

I said it before and I'll say it again, these products are getting matched too much with 50 Cent. Who cares if he gets the first one or even gets one at all, and why is it on every forum, if I wanted to read stuff like this I would go to the market and pick of an issue of the National Enquirer.

Just letting folks know how I feel, and why I feel that way. :)

"Instead of keepin' it REAL, you should try keepin' it RIGHT!" - unknown?

·
Registered
28 Posts
kevin in okinawa said:
wah!?what do u mean?
kevin,

the worse that hip hop has to offer at this moment is better than what the best pop artist is putting out

as far as hip hop... the best that the genre has to offer is between the ages of 30 & the early 40s.
the 20 somethings are lacking in lyrical content and the samples come straight from the original songs(more often than not)

gang starr and the roots are still putting out fire.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bottom line is " Get Rich or Die Trying " is a classic album.. and 50 cent is doing what most people at the top of their game do , and that is gloat..lol .. i hope i can score one of the 1st 100'000 chargers..lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts