Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During my second trip to Cali., for Spring Festival #2. I was walking the grounds looking/drooling at all the beautiful LX's on hand. When I came across the hottest engine bay (hands down) on any LX.

What did my eyes see, a custom dual CAI built by the owner of the car, Randy's Way. I usually do my own modding but when I saw the pristine work that Randy did on his dual CAI and after talking with Randy at length. I think he knew he would be hearing from me after Spring Festival.

My modding hat goes off to Randy. I am now the proud pappa of not 1 but 2 Randy's Way Dual CAI's.

Look what arrived at my doorstep last Friday.

Shake and Bake....That just happened!!

That's right, #2 & #3 Randy's way dual CAI. I started modding on the Super Bee's engine bay first, but the Magnum is next and I couldn't think of a better way to start the Magnum's engine bay modding, than with Randy's saweet dual CAI.

#3 Randy's way dual CAI is for my Super Bee. But it is not installed yet. It will be once my intake manifold and other metal parts are back from the powder coater. The Super Bee is all torn down right now and the dual CAI could not be installed....yet!

·
Registered
458 Posts
You crazy Space City LXers! :) NICE!

·
Registered
458 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope...
Still out here in the desert fightin the bad guys. I'll be home in the winter though.
Keep on putting foot to A$$.....and come home safe. So you soon.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Awesome. Just awesome.

Has anybody done a before/after dyno with that intake yet?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Awesome. Just awesome.

Has anybody done a before/after dyno with that intake yet?
There are only 3 of those intakes in existence. Randysway built them. There is a thread on here by him that shows how he custom made them. The guy does have one of the best looking engine bays on an LX period. His car was picked for a valvoline commercial, dunno if they ever aired it yet.

·
Registered
831 Posts
They look cool, are there any filters on those intakes?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They look cool, are there any filters on those intakes?
Yes, but you do not install the filters until the main CAI is installed. I removed my front fascia and it was much easier to install the filters. I did not take pics of that. When I install the one on my Super Bee, I will take more detailed pics of the CAI installed with the filters.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There are only 3 of those intakes in existence. Randysway built them. There is a thread on here by him that shows how he custom made them. The guy does have one of the best looking engine bays on an LX period. His car was picked for a valvoline commercial, dunno if they ever aired it yet.
Correct you are. Randy did an amazing job building these dual CAI's for me. Incredible workmanship.

Since these are the only 3 in existence. None have been on the dyno yet. Maybe Randy has with his. When I go to install the one on the Super Bee. I will do a few dyno runs with the stock CAI and then install Randy's and compare the numbers. I am not as concerned with how much HP gains I will see as the cool factor, this dual CAI is.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Correct you are. Randy did an amazing job building these dual CAI's for me. Incredible workmanship.

Since these are the only 3 in existence. None have been on the dyno yet. Maybe Randy has with his. When I go to install the one on the Super Bee. I will do a few dyno runs with the stock CAI and then install Randy's and compare the numbers. I am not as concerned with how much HP gains I will see as the cool factor, this dual CAI is.

Yeah I saw his car in person it's amazing.

Anyway here is a link to what he did on his engine but it shows how he made the CAI

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35832&highlight=Randysway+Dual+CAI

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I got to see one in Freebird's Maggie last weekend at the HEMI Shop. [email protected] near snapped my neck doing a double-take. Very, very nice and unique piece.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
i love those intakes. randysway could probably make his own business just building those. they're so much better than the other intakes and they look awesome! what material is it made out of?? i remember reading it in the original randysway post but i cant remember.

and btw i wanted to say that hp gains with intakes can't really be tested on dyno's. the car has to be moving, air has to be flowing, for the real gain to be measured.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
i love those intakes. randysway could probably make his own business just building those. they're so much better than the other intakes and they look awesome! what material is it made out of?? i remember reading it in the original randysway post but i cant remember.

and btw i wanted to say that hp gains with intakes can't really be tested on dyno's. the car has to be moving, air has to be flowing, for the real gain to be measured.
Yup I guess we're going to need to find shops that have their dynos setup in a wind tunnel

1 - 20 of 31 Posts