Charger Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran over a lipstick somewhere and now I have red specks on my rear quarter panel. The specks are almost impossible to remove. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
clay bar......

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
A clay bar is safe, just be sure to follow the instructions for use. Usually they come with a spray bottle filled with a solution (kind of like watered down dish-soap). You spray a little solution on, and gently run the bar across the area.

I'll be doing my whole car next weekend more than likely. It's been needing a nice deep cleaning and exterior detail.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A clay bar is safe, just be sure to follow the instructions for use. Usually they come with a spray bottle filled with a solution (kind of like watered down dish-soap). You spray a little solution on, and gently run the bar across the area.

I'll be doing my whole car next weekend more than likely. It's been needing a nice deep cleaning and exterior detail.
Thanks for the info... I will give it a go!

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
I used it ALL the time on my Evo's, when I hit cones at the autocross, they always left "cone flesh" on the paint. Difficult to remove unless you use a clay bar.

·
Registered
255 Posts
try white vinegar on a soft cotton cloth

·
Registered
851 Posts
You are talking just about the lipstick right? It was still in the container or being worn? If worn there are completely different cleaning instructions! :devil:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
You are talking just about the lipstick right? It was still in the container or being worn? If worn there are completely different cleaning instructions! :devil:
Where did you say this lipstick stain was? LOL

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol or maybe WD40 would be worth trying if you have either one handy.

"Lipstick on your quarter panel told a tale on you..."

Sorry couldn't resist. :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
googone will take it off

or just kiss it off

·
Registered
631 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
wash the area with soap and water to remove the road dirt-then pat it dry so not to smere the lip stick-then on a clean soft rag or old towel spray wd40 on it and wipe it off. lip stick believe it or not is made from animal fat and some have cow poop in it and wax- true fact!!! wd40 will break it down then just wash the wd off with soap and water.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That could be a felony.....yup, I am certain on that!:eek:

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wash the area with soap and water to remove the road dirt-then pat it dry so not to smere the lip stick-then on a clean soft rag or old towel spray wd40 on it and wipe it off. lip stick believe it or not is made from animal fat and some have cow poop in it and wax- true fact!!! wd40 will break it down then just wash the wd off with soap and water.
There is a metal flake like particles that are stuck on the surface...the lipstick **** came off.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol or maybe WD40 would be worth trying if you have either one handy.

"Lipstick on your quarter panel told a tale on you..."

Sorry couldn't resist. :)
I expected a little razzing on this one!:lol:

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
A soft cloth with some mineral spirits on it will remove the lipstick without harming the clearcoat and without a lot of elbow grease. It will also remove the wax underneath so make sure you wash/wax the area again when you're done.

Best,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts