Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my ram air hood for almost exactly a year now. I noticed today that my windshield sprayers are all busted up and cracked. WTF ! Anyone else have these problems ???
I guess I can buy some new ones and just place on there, but didn't think they would wear out in a year.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have had my ram air hood for almost exactly a year now. I noticed today that my windshield sprayers are all busted up and cracked. WTF ! Anyone else have these problems ???
I guess I can buy some new ones and just place on there, but didn't think they would wear out in a year.
YEP!!! 1 is cracked in half, the other has a pronounced hairline crack through the horizontal plane, it's getting ready to go. Strange, I wonder what the reason for that is? I'm replacing both next week. My hood is 10 months old.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've had mine for over a year and no problem here. I did reuse the stock ones from my stock hood though.

·
Registered
868 Posts
No problems at all... Sorry to hear you are not so lucky.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I, too, have had my RamAir hood for 1 year now...while I have not had the nozzle problem, IMHO the paint quality on these hoods is crap (I ordered mine painted Brilliant Black from RamAir).
- The paint on the top edge of hood near the windshield has peeled in a couple of areas right on the edge,
- it appears the hood has faded somewhat over the year, as it definately has a lighter shade/fade to it now than the rest of the car's factory paint
- the paint chips very easily...I have many small chips along the front quarter of the hood...perhaps clear coat too thin and does not offer proper protection?

Other than that, I love the hood....

·
Registered
261 Posts
I, too, have had my RamAir hood for 1 year now...while I have not had the nozzle problem, IMHO the paint quality on these hoods is crap (I ordered mine painted Brilliant Black from RamAir).
- The paint on the top edge of hood near the windshield has peeled in a couple of areas right on the edge,
- it appears the hood has faded somewhat over the year, as it definately has a lighter shade/fade to it now than the rest of the car's factory paint
- the paint chips very easily...I have many small chips along the front quarter of the hood...perhaps clear coat too thin and does not offer proper protection?

Other than that, I love the hood....

I too had Ram Air paint mine. I've had no issues at all. In fact the body shop (they do custom work) that did the final adjustment on mine asked who painted it. They were impressed with the color match and quality. I do keep my car waxed and garaged.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts