Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, For my first project i want to add rain guards. Which is the best? GTS? AVS? Please post pics of your car with them! (especially Black Chargers) thanks!!!!

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Hello everyone, For my first project i want to add rain guards. Which is the best? GTS? AVS? Please post pics of your car with them! (especially Black Chargers) thanks!!!!
I have the WeatherTech ones. Inside the channel mount not adhesive on the paint. I love 'em!

Attachments

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
i sell these things at a part time job so i've handeled many but never owned them. I dont like what they do to the drag and aerodynamic designs on a car. I've also fixed many wind and water leak concerns at my full time job by taking them back off.

Companies that make them for chargers from memory

weathertech
egr
avs/lund/deflectashield (all the same company)

personally i like egr because they are slightly thinner than most, easier to install , and american made.

avs/lund/deflecta are all the same company (lund international), the lund is normally a couple bucks cheaper for the same part as the avs so look there if you are sold on that brand.

Weathertech is good quality but most of the time they are the most expensive so people rarely get them. I sell a ton of weathertech floormats over husky though where they are more competitve on price.

If i was to put some on my car -egr

·
Registered
140 Posts
GTS are the best. Low profile and easy to install. In-track design with no tape. Just make sure you get them warm so the plastic bends easier.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your replies! i like the GTS the best so far! But i hate the white logos, can i take it off with some alcohol or simple green?
Anyone know whos got the cheapest price on GTS?
thanks

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Heres the avs ones on my 06 R/T.....................

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Thank you for your replies! i like the GTS the best so far! But i hate the white logos, can i take it off with some alcohol or simple green?
Anyone know whos got the cheapest price on GTS?
thanks
Mine didn't have the logos / stickers on them ... but if they do, they can be removed easily ... to clean the residue / glue left behind them, I used some silicone spray the last time I had to, and a micro-fiber towel ...

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
This is what I have .... love their low profile and in-channel installation ...

http://www.autotrucktoys.com/dodge_...ard-Ultra-Slim-Vent-Visors-06-Up-PRD6793.aspx

Here's mine with GTS vent visors. You can remove the GTS logo, I would use some lighter fluid.

Im Going to ask you both. I bought these "GT" Vent Guards and I hate to admit it but me and a buddy have spent almost two hours and managed to only get one on. To me the One that is in does not look right. So my question is... Can one of you PLEASE help me on how to install these . It would be greatly Appreciated very much. :rocker:

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Weathertech FTW. They were the first to produce the in-channel style. Any others are just imitations. The logo on them is black so you really have to look to see it. They fit perfect and look awesome.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
I don't like that little kick down on the rear windows with the GTS ones. Looks awkward, and looks like it would catch the air and cause more drag.

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
Well I got them In and i'm very satisfied!!! Ill post some pics later

·
Registered
47 Posts
i just get the AVS in chanel, was easy to install, but now i have problem to close the window. think abouut to trow them away....

nobody else have some problem or do im just to stupid?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I got the weather tech version on my Daytona. (I have them on all my cars, and will be ordering them for my wife's new car we bought this week , a 2013 Ford Focus SE). I love the weather tech visors. Any of the "in-channel" ones should be the best as far as looks IMO. :driving:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts