Charger Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys!

Little history on myself first, so to get to the meat and potatoes (the TLDR point of this thread) just scroll down a bit.

I've been a lurker for 3 or 4 months now, finally said screw it and joined up today. I picked up my first Charger (originally a Jeep guy) a couple months ago and absolutely love it. I come from a LEO/Fire/EMS family, been a firefighter/EMT for a tad over 10 years now. I've always admired the robustness of PPVs and really wanted to pick one up at some point. I ended up settling on a '16 Charger SXT (V6, Granite in color, added PlastiDip black wheels and "dark as legally possible" tint soon as I got her home) for the sake of pricing/mileage/etc but overall, I couldn't be happier.

Firstly, have any of you managed to install comms equipment (commercial or ham radios) in non-PP Chargers? Any tips, photos, etc you wanna offer up? Not having a center console to work with is kinda throwing a wrench in my mental preps here.

Right now I've got a couple low-profile NMO antennas ready to go on the trunk/fender lip (one for 700-800MHz public safety and one for 440MHz amateur) and a Motorola XTL5000 ready for install. Haven't decided on the 440 rig yet.

Thoughts?

Oh, and obligatory shot of the pride and joy attached :rocker:

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts