Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone seen this one before?
2018 Charger SXT

For the second time, I've found the radio has stayed on with the vehicle completely off. First time, it was on XM, and I noticed it didn't turn off with the car. Second time I came out to find the car playing the radio. Local FM station. I video'd the second time. No volume control, no display, etc. Turned to accessory, and regained control of it.

Keep an eye out for it to happen.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Al2OT6PFWa6IqWQISa-n1f5-ooEI

·
Registered
478 Posts
pretty sure there is or was a known issue with the 2018 uconnect system and battery drains because of the radio. I would see if your uconnect software is up to date.

·
Registered
865 Posts
^^Agreed^^

I haven't really had too many issues with either of my 18 Uconnects, but there have been some updates. These systems for whatever reason this year rolled of the assembly line messed up to hell in some cases.

The update if there is one for yours, now comes OTA (over the air). I would imagine you can probably still download an update from Uconnect's website. Worse case, the dealer can update, or even flash your system for you too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
859 Posts
I've had it happen a couple of times on my '15, not lately, but the EVIC cluster would stay backlit and sometimes drain the battery overnight. Happened at random. Hoping the last Uconnect updates took care of it...but that's why I keep a portable jump-starter in the trunk...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Happens on the 2014's also. Twice the radio would stay on after the ignition was turned off. Stayed on until the engine was restarted and turned off again. Weird gremlins in the Uconnect system. Not year specific. Still one of the best!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
^^Agreed^^

I haven't really had too many issues with either of my 18 Uconnects, but there have been some updates. These systems for whatever reason this year rolled of the assembly line messed up to hell in some cases.

The update if there is one for yours, now comes OTA (over the air). I would imagine you can probably still download an update from Uconnect's website. Worse case, the dealer can update, or even flash your system for you too.
No go on the OTA updates. Maybe they chickened out after screwing up a bunch of radios.
My VIN says no updates.

From the FAQ on the "help with uconnect system" page

If your vehicle is equipped with built-in Uconnect® Access or SiriusXM Guardian™ connected services, you may receive Over-the-Air Software Updates. Vehicles with Uconnect Access have a 9-1-1 button and an Assist button located on or near the rearview mirror; vehicles with SiriusXM Guardian have an SOS button and an Assist button located on or near the rearview mirror. Vehicles must be located in the US and in range of a useable cellular network.
Note: The 2018 Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger and Challenger and the 2017 and 2018 Jeep® Compass will not receive Over-the-Air Software Updates.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Well that is new, I had a 16' Charger that got the OTA. According to that, the 18' Charger doesn't receive it that way, however, my 18' Durango does. Weird, same exact Uconnect system in both my vehicles. Guess I'm off to see if I have an update in my Charger now...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well that is new, I had a 16' Charger that got the OTA. According to that, the 18' Charger doesn't receive it that way, however, my 18' Durango does. Weird, same exact Uconnect system in both my vehicles. Guess I'm off to see if I have an update in my Charger now...
Regardless of year, it's got to have a cellular radio in it. Mine - base SXT - doesn't.

That said, it did it again today. Sequence of events was I was on my cell via bluetooth. Turned car off, while still on call, which keeps audio alive. Ended call. with door open. After call ended, radio - XM - started playing.

Putting my VIN in Uconnect site says no update available.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Did you try going into settings and setting it to turn off with engine off, rather than time delay or until the door is opened?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts