Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2015 Charger road and track, non metallic tint, practically brand new and undriven, only one of my stations locally comes through, the rest are literally complete static 99% of the time. Rockford system installed by shop. Installing a sub did not ruin my radio on either of my 3 other cars so I don’t think that’s it.. Tint has been removed from rear window now (to no avail) the ground for the Rockford is the same ground they have the battery hooked too. So it’s not a ground loop I don’t think. A shop would NOT disconnect the ground to the factory head unit right? Still have radio interference. The same stations I’m getting static on, on the charger, work perfectly on our 17 Escape (Titanium if it matters) . Wtf is causing this, cuz it’s pissing me tf off. aggravation brand new car shouldn’t have no radio, even if I don’t use it, that’s like leaving your kitchen table broken even tho you don’t use it. Should be working the way it’s designed to and not however tf it wants to right. Also disconnected the rca cables to the system as well and went for a drive, with zero success. Let me know PLEASE. Been bugging me forever especially after my dad said, “how tf can you stand that“ with his unhelpful ass so now it’s even more noticeable than ever. And extremely making me wanna drive it off a bridge. Lmk ?

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Was the head unit upgraded as well or is it still stock?

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Well, The only thing I can think of is your antenna module came unplugged during the upgrade (intentionally or unintentionally) and that will prevent the radio from picking up most stations as I understand it.

Your Charger has a 9 volt power signal from the factory radio that travels through the vehicle within the factory antenna coaxial cable to the antenna module. The module, located behind the passenger C-pillar trim, is an antenna amplifier powered by the 9 volt signal. Once the cable is separated from the factory radio the antenna module signal is lost, which leads to poor radio reception.

Check that the antenna module is still plugged in to that power source, and if it isnt, plugging it back in should fix your problem.

If it is already plugged in, then IDK.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where is the c pillar trim? Is it the back right pillar if you’re sitting in the driver seat?

·
Premium Member
834 Posts

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
If you pull that trim piece and find the antenna module is already plugged in, see if you can verify it is indeed still getting the 9v power signal when the ignition is in ACC and RUN.

It’s not likely, but if the power wire isn’t providing power anymore for whatever reason, that would have the same effect as it being unplugged.

And that is truly the last idea I have on this. If it turns out the problem is something else, I would be very interested to read about what it was. Please update this thread with the ultimate resolution.

Reactions: 1320hemi
1 - 8 of 8 Posts