Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone I just bought a retired police charger (2007 3.5L) and discovered that the fans do not turn on and the car will over heat (I dont let it so my heads dont blow) I've already confirmed the fans to be in working order but are not getting power and if I jump one of the relays the high fan does kick on but it wont turn on of its own accord. Would anyone happen to know why this may be or have any diagrams?

UPDATE: unplugged fuse 22 and put it back in and they started to work....

Attachments

· Premium Member
3,130 Posts
Chris:
It may be that some corrosion had developed between the fuse and its socket. Remember, those LE cars usually have a TON of idling hours on them. Things that don't normally happen on a civilian Charger can crop up now and then due to the way they are used.

How many miles on your 07, and was it a marked unit?

Don

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris:
It may be that some corrosion had developed between the fuse and its socket. Remember, those LE cars usually have a TON of idling hours on them. Things that don't normally happen on a civilian Charger can will crop up now and then due to the way they are used.

How many miles on your 07, and was it a marked unit?

Don
212k miles lots of rust.... but fuse 22 only controls 1 fan if im not mistaken and both kick on now im just trying to make sure it isnt a fluke it started to work and that it will stop in the future

· Registered
4,015 Posts
I think N8ECH (alias Don) identified the problem ... "It may be that some corrosion had developed between the fuse and its socket". Especially when you described the car as having 212K miles with lots of rust.
If pulling/replacing fuse #22 fixed the problem ... I would recommend pulling the fuse, spraying the fuse contacts and the fuse cavity with electrical contact cleaner, and plugging the fuse back in. This should clean-up any corrosive layers and provide a good connection.

Reactions: N8ECH and FST4DR
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.