Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving on Street rd. on Thursday when up ahead I saw a black Trans-am with stripes on the side and a sweet looking hood. I pulled up next to him and once the light turned green we took off. We were about even up till 40 to 50 mph, when he started to pull ahead of me about half a cars lenght and we stopped at about 80 mph because the light turned red. He was Pretty cool guy...He said he had a 2002 Firebird Special Edition...He said he loved the Ram air hood on my car and was thinking of buying the challenger when it came out. The Light turned green gave a quick wave and we went on our way. Have to say that was a sweet looking ride.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
nice run man, those mods are finally paying off

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
nice run man, those mods are finally paying off
Not sure if they are paying off yet..Maybe a quick shot of NOS and it would have been a different story but it was a fun nonetheless.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Not sure if they are paying off yet..maybe a quick shot of and NOS it would have been a different story but it was a fun nonetheless.
Think ZEX.
That will put most of your challengers behind you!

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
i havent had a chance to pull with a bird yet but i kno their suposed to be fast as hell. still wanna try tho

·
Registered
998 Posts
Yep, those birds are fast, and also consider the weight difference too. I ran against a '99 SS a couple of months ago (with my fiance in the car at the time) and had 2 fun runs, but got pulled on each time after 3rd gear. Those LS1's are really nice.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
I don't have those problems.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Yep, those birds are fast, and also consider the weight difference too. I ran against a '99 SS a couple of months ago (with my fiance in the car at the time) and had 2 fun runs, but got pulled on each time after 3rd gear. Those LS1's are really nice.
jejeje thanks for the complement

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
That's the entire point. SRT vs R/T....

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Who said anything about a low 13 second car?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
No, SRTs are a steady mid to low 13 second car. Some have gotten under 13, some have not.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Hello, we still throwing down?

·
Registered
388 Posts
No, SRTs are a steady mid to low 13 second car. Some have gotten under 13, some have not.
You answered your own question.
He drives an SRT8, which is a low 13 second car.
Some have broken into the 12's, but I myself have not yet seen a stocker do that.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
and i haven't seen a stocker Z28 do that either

·
Registered
388 Posts
and i haven't seen a stocker Z28 do that either
Nor have I, but,
Mcaesar drives at best a high 12, low 13 second car.
Yet he claims to be undefeated.
How can this be?
I myself have considerably more HP,
weigh a dozen or more pounds less, and have still lost several races.
Most were to other LS-1's.
To state that his SRT8 dominates all as he does in several post's is as tall a tail as you will find.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.