Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a brake upgrade without spending the big bucks for a big brake kit, and was looking at the Premier rotors from R1 Concepts. They're supposed to be more resistant to brake fade than the stock rotors. Anyone have experience with them?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I use them. I bought slotted rotors, pads and steel brake lines. I love them, however the pads are extremely dusty....I used Red Stuff pads prior and will go back to them. Anyways, the company is great and I have been ordering from them for 10+ years and never a problem.....no worries there.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use them. I bought slotted rotors, pads and steel brake lines. I love them, however the pads are extremely dusty....I used Red Stuff pads prior and will go back to them. Anyways, the company is great and I have been ordering from them for 10+ years and never a problem.....no worries there.
Do you feel that combination provides a real-world benefit on the street, or just the track? Which pads were so dusty?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I use my Charger for patrol....I put on 100+ miles a day, in all kinds of conditions. In all honesty, I feel it is the pads and the steel braided lines that make the most difference. The lines and fluid get hot, and the last foot or so of rubber brake lines flex, giving a spongy feel. Also, get some DOT 4 silicone brake fluid as well. The rotors do last longer than the cheap factory rotors...I had a set on my '07 and my 13 charger warp several times. Never had warp w/ the R1 premium rotors. I used the Stoptech pads they said were good. They do stop good, but one trip to the store and it seems as if my wheels are covered w/ dust. I believe the Red Stuff pads are actually superior in stopping and resist fade better... To answer your question, "yes". They offer real world benefit on the street.....especially in "panic braking."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts