Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does aynone know the actual difference between the exhaust systems on the R/T w/ Road and Track Pkg. vs. the standard R/T? The reason I ask this question is that my R/T w/ the Road and Track Pkg. appears to have a true "dual" exhaust. No speculation please, just facts. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
both have a dual exhaust....the r/t package exhuast is the same as the daytona package... a little more growl and it is freer flowing...allowing the r/t package to claim the 350 instead of 340 on the r/t

·
Registered
732 Posts
Good question, it would be nice to know exactly what the differences are.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
The RT's Performance Group package and Daytona package are suppose to have a straight though muffler design where the RT has a chambered muffler.
There are roomers about the Daytona being louder than the Perf. Group but I have not heard them side by side. I have heard a Daytona and I own a Perf. Group car and I can't say I notice any difference.
________
Vaporizerinfo

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was surprised to see that each side of the engine on the R/T, w/ R/T, appears to have it's own independent exhaust route, from the manifold all the way back through the muffler and resonator, and out the tail pipe. There is no y-pipe, crossover or other connection, that I can see (although I might have overlooked it). Isn't this type of true dual setup, if that is what it is, advantageous?

·
Registered
549 Posts
There should be an X-pipe in the middle somewhere....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see now that an x-pipe is depicted on the photo of the undercarriage, which is located on the dodge charger website under "control" (looks like it is supposed to be under the black brace just ahead of the mufflers). I didn't see that on my car, but I will look again tonight. Thanks, SRT807.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The R/T performance exhaust has NO Y pipe. It is straight back to each individual muffler, then to each resonator.

·
Registered
732 Posts
It would be nice to see a picture of the underside of both to compare.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts