Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read most of this forum and I have become very confused.

I know what the Dodge Charger R/T is but I don't understand what the Road and Track package that is mentioned in various threads of this forum.

I have built my R/T on Dodge's website but I didn't see an option for a Road and Track Package.

Can anyone clear-up my confussion without being rude and telling me to search the forum (thats what confused me in the 1st place.)?

·
Registered
112 Posts
The Road / Track package is something that is listed in the Charger booklet you can pick up from your local dealer. Essentially, it's an RT with the Performance Seats and few other touches from the Daytona R/T. I'm under the impression it still has the 340hp engine and not the 350hp of the daytona.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Jadkyl said:
The Road / Track package is something that is listed in the Charger booklet you can pick up from your local dealer. Essentially, it's an RT with the Performance Seats and few other touches from the Daytona R/T. I'm under the impression it still has the 340hp engine and not the 350hp of the daytona.
It gets the 10 hp increase as well as the steering upgrade, better exhaust etc. Mike :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
There is an R/T (Road and Track) and the R/T PP (Road and Track Performance Package). The latter includes SRT8 style Daytona R/T style seats, 10hp like in the Daytona R/T, Daytona R/T darkened rims, Daytona R/T 9 land steering and Daytona R/T suspension. It does not get the Daytona's blacked out grille/ R/T logo, rear wing, graphics and the Daytona's unique color offerings.

·
Banned
591 Posts
Better way to explain it. The Daytona R/T is a Road track performance with coloured stiching, graphics, bright paint, grille spoiler etc. Everything under and over is the same.

·
Registered
217 Posts
It sems that they are now calling the R/T "Performance Package" optional on the R/T the Road/Track package! Why, who knows (shhhhhhhssssssssp! someone seems to be smokin someting that's for sure). Let's not forget that R/T stands for Road/Track as well so a Road/Track option (essentially a Daytona without the graphics and wing/grille) on the R/T sounds sort of, well, unexpainably cool I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts