Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
roll @ 80mph

and i beat him by half a car!~... i stoped around 120 when i saw a car approaching ahead =p

w00t~~~

my mod:

borla 125's

im getting the afe2 and diablo next too ^^

what a freaking adrenaline rush, i am SO PUMPED BABY~~~~ :grin:

·
Suspended User
2,400 Posts
roll @ 80mph

and i beat him by half a car!~... i stoped around 120 when i saw a car approaching ahead =p

w00t~~~

my mod:

borla 125's

im getting the afe2 and diablo next too ^^

what a freaking adrenaline rush, i am SO PUMPED BABY~~~~ :grin:
i dont want to be an a$$ but he either missed a gear or wasnt trying. those things are monsters. my good friend has an evo 9 and its not even close. he just kills me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a win is a win

bad driver imho :dead:

a roll @ 80 thats pretty high for a car like an EVO ... or so i thought .. ~

·
Suspended User
2,400 Posts
thats true. a kill is a kill. ill give you that!

·
Registered
609 Posts
hmmm, AWD does suffer on the big end, and I've never raced one from 80, who know's. We'll take it!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
yea starting out at 80 definitely gives the charger a much better chance! i think this is plausible! at high speeds, weight becomes a little bit less of a factor because there is so much air and road resistance, giving us a chance

·
Registered
253 Posts
Evos have no top end. Our cars have more torque, 390 to there 270. There quick as hell off the line, but die out quickly.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I think they Evos are over rated. I test drove an EVO 7 and wasn't all that impressed with the performance, plus it is ugly and has a cheap interior and cost more than my R/T.

·
Suspended User
2,400 Posts
i actually love them. i love v8s but its just crazy how a they could push so much power out of a 4 banger. im about to get a 240sx and drop an sr20! it should be pretty quick!

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
i dont want to be an a$$ but he either missed a gear or wasnt trying. those things are monsters. my good friend has an evo 9 and its not even close. he just kills me.
A stock Evo on the top end is not faster than a R/T

80-100mph

Evo X: 4.8
Charger R/T: 4.7

100-130mph

Evo IX: 12.0
Charger R/T: 12.1

http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtests/9740/dodge-charger-rt-page4.html

http://www.caranddriver.com/shortroadtests/8536/mitsubishi-lancer-evolution-mr-edition-page2.html

It is all in the jump for those cars

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Spend a couple of grand on cams, meth pump, etc. and you have an EVO pushing 400+ ponies running 11's all day long.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yeah. That's HELLA plausible since it was from a roll. And since I doubt it was a X (probably a VII, VIII, or IX) you're looking at a HUGE loss in top end. WAY TO EFF'EM IN THE A BUDDY!!! 1 up for the Charger. HOO-HA!!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
i actually love them. i love v8s but its just crazy how a they could push so much power out of a 4 banger. im about to get a 240sx and drop an sr20! it should be pretty quick!

It's crazy isn't it. I got a friend who is working on the same project. He can have fun with that

·
Registered
338 Posts
One more for the Charger, a kill is a kill, thats for sure. From the line, an evo will give it to us, but at that speed, I agree, we have a chance... And it proves that it just doesn't take a fast car to win, but a driver who can control and use the fast car to get one for the home team....

Great KILL!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
A stock Evo on the top end is not faster than a R/T

80-100mph

Evo X: 4.8
Charger R/T: 4.7

100-130mph

Evo IX: 12.0
Charger R/T: 12.1

http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtests/9740/dodge-charger-rt-page4.html

http://www.caranddriver.com/shortroadtests/8536/mitsubishi-lancer-evolution-mr-edition-page2.html

It is all in the jump for those cars
Uhhhhmmm MCeasar, did you read the reviews you posted? Your numbers are WAAAAAY off.

EVO IX 0-60: 4.7
Charger R/T 0-60: 5.6

EVO IX 0-130: 24.5
Charger R/T 0-130: 26.0

By 130mph the EVO has actually built a 1.5 second lead, where it's only .9 seconds ahead at 60mph, so the EVO is actually still pulling on the R/T at 130mph.

Things might be different from an 80mph roll, but it would probably be dead even or whoever got on it first taking the lead.

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
Don't you guys get sick of this constant trolling? If I had a nickel for every XYZ vs Charger thread, I'd be able to pay Arfur's bar tab. Who cares? :punk:

Best,

·
Registered
968 Posts
Uhhhhmmm MCeasar, did you read the reviews you posted? Your numbers are WAAAAAY off.

EVO IX 0-60: 4.7
Charger R/T 0-60: 5.6

EVO IX 0-130: 24.5
Charger R/T 0-130: 26.0

By 130mph the EVO has actually built a 1.5 second lead, where it's only .9 seconds ahead at 60mph, so the EVO is actually still pulling on the R/T at 130mph.

Things might be different from an 80mph roll, but it would probably be dead even or whoever got on it first taking the lead.
Uhhhhmmm.... he's talking about from an 80mph roll, thus completely negated the "jump" of the evo.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts