Charger Forums banner

R/T to SRT Trade-In?

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  GLHS837 
#1 ·
I got my '13 Charger R/T last summer, and I've loved it so far. Got a new exhaust on it and everything.

My buddy let me borrow his '13 SRT last week because he was out of town for work and wanted me to detail it and said I could try it out for the week.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I am having a little bit of remorse in not getting the SRT when I had the chance.

If I wanted to trade up, how bad do you think the dealer is going to **** me? Haven't even put 9k miles on it yet.

#2 ·
My wife's 2014 Charger RT is a superb and thrilling car to drive. :banana:

My 2013 Charger SRT8 is a slightly more superb and thrilling car to drive. :bowdown:

If your dealers are like the dealers in my area, you better be prepared to bend over and take it like a man. :cry::mecry:

#3 ·
Well, you typically lose the most value in the first year of ownership. With that said, you might find a good deal in the coming months (especially as the year draws to a close) as dealerships look to move current inventory to make room for the 2015s.

#4 ·
Depends on the dealer. I have gotten great deals on my trade ins and new cars at the dealer I was using. Of course knowing everybody there because I worked at that dealer helps.

#5 ·
You'll probably take a bath! It can't hurt to chat with them. You'll probably get between 25-29k for the trade..possibly a tad more since you only have 9k miles. Best scenario would be them agreeing to keep your payment at what it is now and tack on the additional balance. You'll be upside down which sucks, but you'd have your SRT.

Look for leftovers too, they can be had for mid to low 40s. This way the pain won't be as bad.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#6 ·
1. Come up with numbers acceptable to you. (Check NADA, KBB.COM and other car price/trade-in guides)
2. Go to dealer, have the attitude that you don't care if you get the car or not (important).
3. Start low, real low and move up slowly.
4. Don't go higher than #1
5. Don't be afraid to walk. They'll call you back in a few days.

Accept no numbers that don't meet #1

#7 ·
I actually made out really good on my trade. When I traded my 12 R/T Max AWD for my 12 SRT the dealership gave me top dollar for my R/T.

And thats the problem with the SRT, once you drive one, you gotta have one. I made that mistake. haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.