Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have an '07 Charger R/T, no road and track, I am in stalling a hotchkis sway kit and I am looking to upgrade my stock tires. I still have my stock wheels and really don't plan on switching them out for awhile(just powder coated them black) I am wondering what people recommend for tires for a daily driver that I give hell. I heard that Eagle F1's are the way to go, but don't seem to find them in the stock size. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
Brian

·
Registered
64 Posts
The OEM tire size for the R/T is 235/60-18. A lot of people, from what I've heard, have switched to 255/55-18. The difference in rolling circumference is about 1%, so it's a pretty close match. The Eagle F1 is available in 255/55-18.

Since you live in VA it might not be a bad tire for you. Tread wear is horrendous, but you get excellent dry grip. For me, I'm looking for something that will perform reasonably well in wet and light snow. The Goodyears that came with the car are friggin' terrible.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The OEM tire size for the R/T is 235/60-18. A lot of people, from what I've heard, have switched to 255/55-18. The difference in rolling circumference is about 1%, so it's a pretty close match. The Eagle F1 is available in 255/55-18.

Since you live in VA it might not be a bad tire for you. Tread wear is horrendous, but you get excellent dry grip. For me, I'm looking for something that will perform reasonably well in wet and light snow. The Goodyears that came with the car are friggin' terrible.
Cool, thanks. I had heard good things about the F1's, but I do want something that is going to last alittle bit and not wear out real fast.

Brian

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
The OEM size for my '06 R/T is 225-60-18. Yours may vary.

I just replaced the OEM Conti's after 32,300 miles with a set of Falken Ziex ZE-912B's. 1,000 miles or so in, and I highly recommend them!

·
Registered
64 Posts
My bad - you're right, the OEM size is 225, not 235.

That's the bad news. The good news is that a 245/55 is an exact circumferential match for the 225/60.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
i went with 235/55/18 goodyear RSA's great all season tire...

·
Registered
211 Posts
The Tirerack techs recommended the Firestone Firehawk if you're looking for a good handling, responsive tire that is still quiet. $115 in 225/60/18.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The Tirerack techs recommended the Firestone Firehawk if you're looking for a good handling, responsive tire that is still quiet. $115 in 225/60/18.
Correction, they 1st recommend the Yokohama AVID H4S, $113 ea, then the Firestone. Sorry for that mess up.

The Yokohama's have very good feedback from users and did very well in Tire Rack's tests. Its apparently a very good sport tire, if you don't run it in snow.

Otherwise, the next choice is a Grand Touring tire like the Michelin Primacy or Bridgestone Turanza.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts