Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help, I am looking to minimized the body roll on my stock R/T suspension when cornering and such.
Not really interested in lowering the vehicle, just want to get rid of the leaning into corners. I hate having to slow down so much on gradual turns.
What would be the best and easiest way to reduce this roll, and the cheapest? Sway bars? Suspension kit?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
sway bars. people love hotchkis on here. i think they are hollow but still what people love

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I pretty much got rid of the body roll in my R/T by switching to the Hotchkis swaybars and swapping my stock non-R&T shocks and springs for a set of SRT shocks and springs. These 2 changes made a world of difference in the handling of the car. Stock the body would roll so much in the turns that I scared myself a few times...:nervous s . Now she stays virtually flat through the turns no matter how hard I push it.

I highly recommend the Hotchkis sway bars...and the SRT's shocks and springs.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys,
I think I'm going to start with some sway bars. Any idea how difficult it would be to install? Is this something I could do myself? Never did any work on a suspension, just oil changes and brake jobs.

Thanks.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Thanks Guys,
I think I'm going to start with some sway bars. Any idea how difficult it would be to install? Is this something I could do myself? Never did any work on a suspension, just oil changes and brake jobs.

Thanks.
I didn't install mine, but from what I understand, the front one isn't all that hard, but the rear sway is pretty involved. I think you have to drop the better part of the rear end to replace the stock one.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
same here word for word.

D a n a

I pretty much got rid of the body roll in my R/T by switching to the Hotchkis swaybars and swapping my stock non-R&T shocks and springs for a set of SRT shocks and springs. These 2 changes made a world of difference in the handling of the car. Stock the body would roll so much in the turns that I scared myself a few times...:nervous s . Now she stays virtually flat through the turns no matter how hard I push it.

I highly recommend the Hotchkis sway bars...and the SRT's shocks and springs.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
As you problaby already know, the best place ot get these at are http://www.hhpracing.com/

Call them and ask to speak to Josh, tell him Dana sent you. They are just pure joy to work with. Man I wish I had some more money just to shop at High Horse Perfromance.

High Horse Performance, Inc.
P.O. Box 9889
Newark, DE 19714-4989
www.HHPRacing.com
Toll Free: (888) 894-1115
Phone: (302) 894-1115
Fax: (302) 894-1481

D a n a

Thanks Guys,

Thanks.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Would this be the right part (from HHP web site)?

Hotchkis Sway Bar Set, 5.7L & 6.1L
Hemi Magnum, Charger, 300C & SRT-8
Price
$379.00

Is this a good "bang-for-the-Buck" item. I too am looking for a better driving experience and this fits in the budget. What would an install price run??

·
Registered
743 Posts
Thanks Guys,
Thanks.
The front sways are easy to replace. The rear requires dropping the whole cradle (detach exhaust hooks, remove cradle bolts, lower rear end, route sway out and in OVER rear end, reassemble)

I did this with my brothers help... You can do it if you are careful, follow instructions and have jack stands AND a floor jack.
You should be able to find instructions online (at hotchkis?) and see what it entails.

·
Registered
348 Posts
The front sways are easy to replace. The rear requires dropping the whole cradle (detach exhaust hooks, remove cradle bolts, lower rear end, route sway out and in OVER rear end, reassemble)

I did this with my brothers help... You can do it if you are careful, follow instructions and have jack stands AND a floor jack.
You should be able to find instructions online (at hotchkis?) and see what it entails.
What would be best for powersliding and putting this beast sideways, only front say bars?

·
Registered
203 Posts
How do the hotchkis feel for overall ride? Affect warranty?
I'd like to throw them on and upgrade shocks/springs, but on a bumpy road, I don't want to feel every pebble.
I've got about a 1/2 mile gravel road between me and asphalt.
I don't think lowering is an option here.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Yeah,

I think i paid something like that for mine and no shipping cost from HHP. Call Josh (see my other post)

Thx!

D a n a

Would this be the right part (from HHP web site)?

Hotchkis Sway Bar Set, 5.7L & 6.1L
Hemi Magnum, Charger, 300C & SRT-8
Price
$379.00

Is this a good "bang-for-the-Buck" item. I too am looking for a better driving experience and this fits in the budget. What would an install price run??

·
Registered
743 Posts
How do the hotchkis feel for overall ride? Affect warranty?
I'd like to throw them on and upgrade shocks/springs, but on a bumpy road, I don't want to feel every pebble.
I've got about a 1/2 mile gravel road between me and asphalt.
I don't think lowering is an option here.
They feel great, the Hotchkis rears are something lik 150% stiffer, the fronts are only 40% or so. The rear end being flat in corners is REALLY noticable.

AFAIK, they don't affect warranty on anything unless they (unlikely) or the installation (incorrect reassembly) cause a problem.

Sways aren't going to affect bumpy roads much, if at all... unless they are BIG bumps under ONE wheel... in that case, the other wheel will follow.
Springs WILL affect the ride.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just got a quote from Tbyrne motorsports (A sponsor here) for the Hotchkis sways and the price is much lower than anywhere else as they have a new low price on it.. Shoot them an email to get the actually price.

Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts