Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Been trying to find this out myself, no luck so far. I'm pretty sure
I remember seeing it written somewhere that we have HD brakes
but I can't find it. I looked at my window sticker & the website, nothing.
Mine just started squealing at 11.7k so I don't have much time.

Past history with my dealer tells me I'll need to find the proof to get
them to do this one for me.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Does anybody know for sure if the R/T with R&T and the Daytona have the Heavy Duty brakes as stated in this TSB:

http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB/TSB_0500107.pdf

Also says sales code:AHB & DR8. How do you know the sales code? is it in the VIN?

Thanks
We do, but you're going to have a hard time proving it to the dealer. I was out of my 12k brake warranty anyway so I just went aftermarket, and I wont' ever look back.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the squeel issue and they told me there was a TSB for it, but the number they put on the invoice is not a TSB number. I took it in after they got the parts and all they did was replace the rear rotors. They didn't even replace the pads. It started squeeling again right away so I have it booked in again next Friday. I would like to show them this TSB and ask what TSB they are looking at that shows to only replace rear rotors, but I'm unsure if this one relates. I guess I'll try anyway. I can't tell if the squeel is front or back.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I just went aftermarket, and I wont' ever look back.
Probably what I'll end up doing. I'm thinking of adding the braided lines
as well since I lost a little peddle feel with the SRT8 20's. So no squeal
with the aftermarket? Did you do all 4 corners? Rotors too?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yes we( RT/RT & Daytonas) have the HD brakes but the police cars use a unique brake pad material that regular civilian Chargers don't get , so it does not pertain to us

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes we( RT/RT & Daytonas) have the HD brakes but the police cars use a unique brake pad material that regular civilian Chargers don't get , so it does not pertain to us
Yes now that I read it closer it only seems to relate to the police chargers....I just wonder what TSB my dealer is referring to:knockout:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts