Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out what will be included in the R/T performance package:
MSRP $31,995
same wheels and tires as Daytona, actually it is basicly a Daytona without the wing and special paint and decals.
srt seats, leather shift knob, power adjust pedals, climate control, the free flowing exhaust( and the 350h.p. rating of the daytona),are all part of the package :santa: Dealers should be able to order these now.
Also the ammount of daytonas available MAY BE LESS THAN REPORTED, I was told by a chrysler rep that each dealer was only going to get one of each color. Go manGo first, followed by Top Banana in the fall...

·
Registered
215 Posts
that's interesting that it gets all that on top of the Daytona spec suspension.

Essentially that's the same suspension in the cop car then as they are using Daytona specific suspensions too

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hmmm.. unable to order a Daytona. Just what your GM said, they are not going to go for MSRP (and a snowballs chance in hades that you will get one for less than MSRP). That said, it pushes a Daytona right out of my price range.

But, if what you say about the Performance Package is true (which I don't doubt), I think that will be my next route.

Thanks for the info chargershed.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
just posted by a member over on lxforums.....

dantodd said:
Here are all the items listed on the Road & Track package directly from the Charger brochure:

Incluses all standard equippment from the R/T model except where additions are noted

> 5.7-liter HEMI with air intake and exhaust tuning to achieve 350 hp

> Performance, 9-land steering gear with firm damping, provides enhanced steering response

> Performance Nivomat load-leveling rear shock absorbers

> Performance tuned dual exhaust with bright tips, uniquely tuned for throaty rumble

> Performance seats w/preferred suede inserts

> Dual zone automatic temperature conrol

> Heated front seats

> Power driver's and front-passenger seats

> Performance suspension

> Power adjustable pedals

> 18" polished sluminum wheels with painted black accentsand VR18 Michelin AS performance tires

·
Banned
99 Posts
CO-Charger69&06 said:
Hmmm.. unable to order a Daytona. Just what your GM said, they are not going to go for MSRP (and a snowballs chance in hades that you will get one for less than MSRP). That said, it pushes a Daytona right out of my price range.

But, if what you say about the Performance Package is true (which I don't doubt), I think that will be my next route.

Thanks for the info chargershed.

Daytonas will go way under MSRP here for sure. They would never sell you a car above MSRP at Pinnacle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
In the latest issue of Autoweek, they drive a Daytona, and also comment on this pkg (R/T), and state the brakes also get upgraded to (I believe) a one inch larger rotor. Unsure whether the actual pads/calipers change, but it didn't sound like it.

Go get a Daytona grill, add this pkg to an RT model, and you have a Daytona (w/out the wing, and spoiler/graphics-as someone above said already), BUT not be limited to only the GoManGo, or Banana color schemes...

The only other thing I'd like are the SRT rims offered for the RT, in say, an 18" option, so you could save a few $$ whenever new meats were needed (over the 20s). I like the looks of the SRT rims a lot more over the Daytona/RT rims...

.... and maybe an SRT hood to finish it off right.... :wink:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
adaptabl said:
Daytonas will go way under MSRP here for sure. They would never sell you a car above MSRP at Pinnacle.
Actually, it is Daytona...as in one...the only one every dealer will get and only 4% of total Charger production, even more rare than the SRT-8s...If they do sell it at MSRP, I would buy it and put it on ebay to the highest bidder :whistle:

·
Banned
99 Posts
chargershed said:
Actually, it is Daytona...as in one...the only one every dealer will get and only 4% of total Charger production, even more rare than the SRT-8s...If they do sell it at MSRP, I would buy it and put it on ebay to the highest bidder :whistle:

We will get a minimum of 10 of them. DC is very good at providing us stock. We just got 8 SRT-8 300's with another 10-15 available whenever we want.

P.S. 10,000(5000 of each color) is much more than 4% of production.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
adaptabl said:
We will get a minimum of 10 of them. DC is very good at providing us stock. We just got 8 SRT-8 300's with another 10-15 available whenever we want.

P.S. 10,000(5000 of each color) is much more than 4% of production.
My Information comes direct from STAR- the DCx dealer information network when I personaly tried to order one...They are all under allocation and only one per dealership will be shipped as of 6/6/05 in Go ManGo with Top Banana to be available around labor day...This came direct from a vp of DCx marketing, They would not accept my deposit on the car, but would on the regular r/t with the performance package and my employee discount would apply...If you do get 10 post so I can buy one from you using my DCx discount (invoice - 1%), Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
for me, the Daytona's limited color choices, and wing, are a turn-off, so the R/T perf pkg on a Mag. Pearl colored RT w/say the Daytona grill, and some better rims, and I'm a happy camper...

I just hope that perf pkg makes the car ride a little more tightly/sporty, as, on my test drive of the RT, it seemed to be very "floaty" w/stock setup.....

·
Banned
99 Posts
chargershed said:
My Information comes direct from STAR- the DCx dealer information network when I personaly tried to order one...They are all under allocation and only one per dealership will be shipped as of 6/6/05 in Go ManGo with Top Banana to be available around labor day...This came direct from a vp of DCx marketing, They would not accept my deposit on the car, but would on the regular r/t with the performance package and my employee discount would apply...If you do get 10 post so I can buy one from you using my DCx discount (invoice - 1%), Thanks!
There will be no problem here. Maybe it's different in Canada. As DC's premier dealer allocation is never a problem here. We can not sell to americans(DC does it all the time with the auctions). Dealers are not allowed to sell outside Canada and DC will not honour the warranty if they are sold outside Canada.
Want to but an SRT-8 300? We have 8 on the lot right now(you have to live in Canada).

·
Registered
247 Posts
adaptabl said:
I can't believe people buy some of the stuff you say. All your posts do is talk about "DC Premiere" dealership and how you have 10-15 SRT8's available(NOT POSSIBLE). If anyone knows about the SRT8 they can see right through you. I just hate when people lie.

These boards are for helping people not selling them cars which they can get anyone else for the same price.

And you are right Pinnacle won't sell a car over MSRP because its illegal in Canada to do so!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Steve, thanks for clearing that up...my info applies only to the american dealerships, I don't know how DCx handles the Canadians. Since the car is built there, who knows...

·
Banned
99 Posts
steve88 said:
I can't believe people buy some of the stuff you say. All your posts do is talk about "DC Premiere" dealership and how you have 10-15 SRT8's available(NOT POSSIBLE). If anyone knows about the SRT8 they can see right through you. I just hate when people lie.

These boards are for helping people not selling them cars which they can get anyone else for the same price.

And you are right Pinnacle won't sell a car over MSRP because its illegal in Canada to do so!

You guys find ways to sell over MSRP. The extras you add on that cost you nothing. Like the I.D. etching. It's nice to see you worried about being beaten by another dealer. We have 7 SRT's left on the lot now(we had 8,come check them out). DC can get us more if we need them.

go to www.pinnaclechrysler.com and check our 2006 300 inventory.

Sounds like sour grape steve. How many SRT-8's do you have?

Steve stop your lies. If you guys can produce the inventory and offer the deals fine, untill then enjoy being number 2.

P.S. Did you get any Chargers yet(or did we get yours)? Maybe we should send you an invitation to performance night comming up soon so you can drive one.

·
Registered
247 Posts
we have 10 chargers on the lot with 20 more coming. You guys charge 399 for etch I have your invoice from a car on your lot. We took it as a dealer trade. See what I mean by you not knowing what goes on at your own dealership. Pull an invoice out and look it will say $399 we charge 249. Its sad you have to lie to get car deals

·
Registered
247 Posts
Also last month we hit 141 you hit 120 cars. So when you have time ask richard who is really number 1. I say ask Richard because you seem to have no clue whats going on at your own place.

LAST POST.

·
Banned
99 Posts
steve88 said:
we have 10 chargers on the lot with 20 more coming. You guys charge 399 for etch I have your invoice from a car on your lot. We took it as a dealer trade. See what I mean by you not knowing what goes on at your own dealership. Pull an invoice out and look it will say $399 we charge 249. Its sad you have to lie to get car deals

We never charge a customer a dime for that. I just looked at the last 50 or so sales. Ours are always billed at no cost.

I like the invisable paint on the new Chargers. You seem to have 10 in that color.

Check on-line at www.windsor.fivestardealers.ca

·
Banned
99 Posts
steve88 said:
Also last month we hit 141 you hit 120 cars. So when you have time ask richard who is really number 1. I say ask Richard because you seem to have no clue whats going on at your own place.

LAST POST.
Our numbers are about 150 for May. You did not include the new 2004's we sold at big discounts.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Will someone PLEASE stop these two?!?!? :shhh:

Enough already. I'm getting :sick: of your childish bickering.

Why can't we all just get along? :angel:

1 - 20 of 101 Posts