Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the R/T emblem they sell (for the front grill) in red with chrome around it can be found in black with the chrome trim - like the Hemi emblems on the sides of the car?
I have an idea.....

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
No I don't know, and thanks for the suspense.

...what is his idea..... :confused:

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
you could "easily" fill it in with some paint or use vinyl to get the color you want....i am thinking about going that route also...but i haven't seen one without the red.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I made that sound more exciting then it was. Sorry Umbra.
Was having a beer and looking at the Hemi emblems and thinking I would like to basically black the whole car out with little touches of chrome at best. I already have the SRT8 front grill coming and a red emblem. However, there is no other red on the car so I figured on taping off the chrome edging and painting the red black.
GoDaddy, you've done some painting lately. Can I just shoot this sucker with a blast from a Krylon can or sand down the red, use (?) paint and some type of clearcoat over it?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
yup yup....should come out great. just take your time....but honestly if the car is all black...that red hanging out would look awesome...just the right set of contrast (hehe)...no really, it woud look great man i would stick it on and see what you think first...i think you will love how it sits out front.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm gonna do that - hang it off the front and se how it looks. If I go with paint on that small surfce you think some Krylon or the like will do it fine? Actually, I'm getting the spoiler painted most likely so I could tape off the emblem and ask the shop to give it a shot of black. I'm suuuure they would be happy to do it for free :)

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
oh i forgot about that...hell let them tape it up also....that way they screw it up - they fix it.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts