Charger Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who Has An R/T AWD,
they come with a sport shifter right? as in no clutch,Like it has a D and a t -
and then does the AWD really affect a lot?
thanks im pretty sure im getting one and i just wanted to know?

Jesus Forever

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Welcome to the forums, from Las Vegas! Dont know the answers to your questions, but good luck!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Who Has An R/T AWD,
they come with a sport shifter right? as in no clutch,Like it has a D and a t -
and then does the AWD really affect a lot?
thanks im pretty sure im getting one and i just wanted to know?

Jesus Forever

sport shifter?
u mean auto stick? yea it does, it acts like a 5 speed manual with no clutch

and with the AWD u get a really good launch with no spin

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sport shifter?
u mean auto stick? yea it does, it acts like a 5 speed manual with no clutch

and with the AWD u get a really good launch with no spin
Yeah i was just making sure on the 5 speed, I mean but is the the auto stick pretty close to the real thing BTW i have driven with clutch and without I was just wondering and do you use the AWD for anything else?

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Yeah i was just making sure on the 5 speed, I mean but is the the auto stick pretty close to the real thing BTW i have driven with clutch and without I was just wondering and do you use the AWD for anything else?
no, it's no where near as fun as driving a manual, atleast IMO

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
i would say it is close to a true manual
as for awd, unless you plan on upgrading the suspension and wheels, I would go with RWD

because the AWD sits a lot higher and has some ugly wheels

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i would say it is close to a true manual
as for awd, unless you plan on upgrading the suspension and wheels, I would go with RWD

because the AWD sits a lot higher and has some ugly wheels
I like the Look to Be honest sitting up higher well im used to a truck but, yeah i want to get it its silver but i rather have AWD for handling reasons i rather have power to all wheels then just two thanks

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I like the Look to Be honest sitting up higher well im used to a truck but, yeah i want to get it its silver but i rather have AWD for handling reasons i rather have power to all wheels then just two thanks
well dont think the AWD handles better than the RWD because it doesnt
but it does a nice job of putting power to all 4 wheels!

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I know what you mean but the traffic in SO CAL like 91 freeway and 15 is almost unbelievable at times and i dont need stick so its cool for me still fun !!:lol:
91 and 15 egad. I lived in Corona. Hated it, but hated even WORSE coming from RSM to Riverside before the roll road.... 57 I think east on 91 all the way up. Killed thru Yorba. Man I had a stick and some times never got out of 2nd for 30 miles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
91 and 15 egad. I lived in Corona. Hated it, but hated even WORSE coming from RSM to Riverside before the roll road.... 57 I think east on 91 all the way up. Killed thru Yorba. Man I had a stick and some times never got out of 2nd for 30 miles.
Dang thats crazy i was born Downey and lived in Dove Canyon and Coda de caza and Rancho Santa Margarita and Corona Del Mar but not corona and now riverside!!!

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
The Charger is pretty well balanced as is so I don't think the AWD makes too much of a difference on dry roads in either direction.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts