Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who Has An R/T AWD,
they come with a sport shifter right? as in no clutch,Like it has a D and a t -
and then does the AWD really affect a lot?
thanks im pretty sure im getting one and i just wanted to know?

Jesus Forever

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Welcome to the forums, from Las Vegas! Dont know the answers to your questions, but good luck!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Who Has An R/T AWD,
they come with a sport shifter right? as in no clutch,Like it has a D and a t -
and then does the AWD really affect a lot?
thanks im pretty sure im getting one and i just wanted to know?

Jesus Forever

sport shifter?
u mean auto stick? yea it does, it acts like a 5 speed manual with no clutch

and with the AWD u get a really good launch with no spin

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sport shifter?
u mean auto stick? yea it does, it acts like a 5 speed manual with no clutch

and with the AWD u get a really good launch with no spin
Yeah i was just making sure on the 5 speed, I mean but is the the auto stick pretty close to the real thing BTW i have driven with clutch and without I was just wondering and do you use the AWD for anything else?

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Yeah i was just making sure on the 5 speed, I mean but is the the auto stick pretty close to the real thing BTW i have driven with clutch and without I was just wondering and do you use the AWD for anything else?
no, it's no where near as fun as driving a manual, atleast IMO

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
i would say it is close to a true manual
as for awd, unless you plan on upgrading the suspension and wheels, I would go with RWD

because the AWD sits a lot higher and has some ugly wheels

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i would say it is close to a true manual
as for awd, unless you plan on upgrading the suspension and wheels, I would go with RWD

because the AWD sits a lot higher and has some ugly wheels
I like the Look to Be honest sitting up higher well im used to a truck but, yeah i want to get it its silver but i rather have AWD for handling reasons i rather have power to all wheels then just two thanks

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I like the Look to Be honest sitting up higher well im used to a truck but, yeah i want to get it its silver but i rather have AWD for handling reasons i rather have power to all wheels then just two thanks
well dont think the AWD handles better than the RWD because it doesnt
but it does a nice job of putting power to all 4 wheels!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well dont think the AWD handles better than the RWD because it doesnt
but it does a nice job of putting power to all 4 wheels!
well it depends if your into nascar type driving and you master the RWD its better but for tracks and turns and stuff AWD does handle better for turning

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I know what you mean but the traffic in SO CAL like 91 freeway and 15 is almost unbelievable at times and i dont need stick so its cool for me still fun !!:lol:
91 and 15 egad. I lived in Corona. Hated it, but hated even WORSE coming from RSM to Riverside before the roll road.... 57 I think east on 91 all the way up. Killed thru Yorba. Man I had a stick and some times never got out of 2nd for 30 miles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
91 and 15 egad. I lived in Corona. Hated it, but hated even WORSE coming from RSM to Riverside before the roll road.... 57 I think east on 91 all the way up. Killed thru Yorba. Man I had a stick and some times never got out of 2nd for 30 miles.
Dang thats crazy i was born Downey and lived in Dove Canyon and Coda de caza and Rancho Santa Margarita and Corona Del Mar but not corona and now riverside!!!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
well it depends if your into nascar type driving and you master the RWD its better but for tracks and turns and stuff AWD does handle better for turning
yes in general you are right
but comparing the charger rwd vs the charger awd, the awd does not handle better, i have driven both

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
but comparing the charger rwd vs the charger awd, the awd does not handle better, i have driven both
:monster: Like i said it would handle better in different situations Trust Me, on a nascar type deal yeah and or DRIFT RWD but turning and track AWD:knockout:

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
I drove both too and i like the way the awd handles...especially when going around corners:lol:

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
The Charger is pretty well balanced as is so I don't think the AWD makes too much of a difference on dry roads in either direction.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts