Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Scat Pack NB
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize this is an odd post! :confused:

My new Scat with less than 500 miles is awesome and I like the exhaust tone (seen below with a 740HP Vette after our 'Tail-of-the-Dragon' run). My Scat is a family sedan that my wife drives too but the problem is she thinks it's too loud inside the car. Regardless, I'm keeping the car so in the interest of domestic peace, I'm considering adding KilMat insulation or equivalent to the trunk area to try to lower the cab exhaust volume. But, I would also consider a change to larger, straight-through mufflers if that will quieten it inside. I'm not willing to compromise performance--that's why I bought the car but I need to tone it down some. If I just guess at larger, quieter mufflers, I might miss the mark and only waste money. Any suggestions how to lower cab exhaust volume will be appreciated. Cheers from the Smoky Mountains!

Car Wheel Cloud Sky Tire

·
Registered
735 Posts
I realize this is an odd post! :confused:

My new Scat with less than 500 miles is awesome and I like the exhaust tone (seen below with a 740HP Vette after our 'Tail-of-the-Dragon' run). My Scat is a family sedan that my wife drives too but the problem is she thinks it's too loud inside the car. Regardless, I'm keeping the car so in the interest of domestic peace, I'm considering adding KilMat insulation or equivalent to the trunk area to try to lower the cab exhaust volume. But, I would also consider a change to larger, straight-through mufflers if that will quieten it inside. I'm not willing to compromise performance--that's why I bought the car but I need to tone it down some. If I just guess at larger, quieter mufflers, I might miss the mark and only waste money. Any suggestions how to lower cab exhaust volume will be appreciated. Cheers from the Smoky Mountains!

View attachment 308167
Personally I would leave it alone and enjoy it. Adding trunk deadening material isn’t going to make much of a difference in my opinion.
Love the sound of my Scat and my wife loves to get on it and hammer down when she’s driving it. Lol
She said the best part is hearing the exhaust tone.

2019 R/T Scat Pack Plus

·
Registered
2022 SPWB
472 Posts
Someone on another dodge forum asked the same question about his 2019 scat pack and even went so far as to call multiple muffler manufacturers for info. Every one of them told him that nothing they offer will be quieter than the factory exhaust. The only thing I could think of would be to add silencers to the exhaust tips like my old civic si with a potato cannon had the option for. Maybe not realistic on a charger and you'd have to drill the tips to mount them. Hopefully someone else has a better solution. Good luck!

Reactions: CurveRider

·
Registered
2012 Charger SRT8
747 Posts
To second what I said I used to think putting a bigger cam in it would be too loud and used to steer me away now I want to do it lmao bc I got so used to the sound and I want the extra horses and love the chop

1 - 8 of 8 Posts