Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I know exhaust questions are asked on here EVERY DAY!! I wouldn't normally volunteer to be another "noob with an exhaust question", but after searching, I still don't have an answer...so here goes.

Is there a dual exhaust for the 3.5 that isn't boisterous and loud. I understand that it will be louder than stock, but is there anything that doesn't have a lot of cabin drone or outside noise. I live in a neighborhood full of old people and I really like them..and they like me...and I don't want to be the "young guy with the loud car". See my dilema.

Now, I honestly could care less about performance (If I was really looking for performance, I just would by the R/T or the SRT). I honestly like the car as a daily driver for my purposes. Obviously, I don't want anything to rob performance. I'll accept a little bit of noise (as it is to be expected), but is there anything that will add a look without a hole bunch of ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!! That's my question.

Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
53 Posts
well im sure you know about the custom magnaflow craze that bigfuzz started. to me that setup sounds about the best. but i too want my exhaust to be a little quieter. so what i planned on doing was to go with the same setup but add two magnaflow resonators into the mix also. it would be similar to the factory setup but just with more flow. im sure that the two resonators would quiet it down a bit and reduce some of the drone. the part number for the resonator is 14445 from performancepeddler.com

·
Registered
248 Posts
I went with stock daytoa exhaust .May not have as much as a performance increase at the others but sounds decent...And for free...you cant beat that.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
a stock R/T or Daytona exhaust is what you want. You get the X pipes, which is known to give some performance gains, plus I heard it has a little sound to it with no cab drone.

Not to mention you can get a used one for about $100.00

·
Registered
427 Posts
Okay, I know exhaust questions are asked on here EVERY DAY!! I wouldn't normally volunteer to be another "noob with an exhaust question", but after searching, I still don't have an answer...so here goes.

Is there a dual exhaust for the 3.5 that isn't boisterous and loud. I understand that it will be louder than stock, but is there anything that doesn't have a lot of cabin drone or outside noise. I live in a neighborhood full of old people and I really like them..and they like me...and I don't want to be the "young guy with the loud car". See my dilema.

Now, I honestly could care less about performance (If I was really looking for performance, I just would by the R/T or the SRT). I honestly like the car as a daily driver for my purposes. Obviously, I don't want anything to rob performance. I'll accept a little bit of noise (as it is to be expected), but is there anything that will add a look without a hole bunch of ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!! That's my question.

mopar dual is very quiet .

·
Registered
248 Posts
performance gains, plus I heard it has a little sound to it with no cab drone.
I did notice a difference when i went from single to Daytona Duals w/ xpipe. There is NO drone at all. Crack the window and you can hear the exhaust but not loud by any means just sounds perfect for my car.

·
Registered
334 Posts
blastin bobs
definitely, i wanted a quiet exhaust as well and i love blastin bobs
just get the quietest one they offer and you'll be good
the mopar one is also pretty quiet
if you just want looks and price wise, go with blastin bobs

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I did notice a difference when i went from single to Daytona Duals w/ xpipe. There is NO drone at all. Crack the window and you can hear the exhaust but not loud by any means just sounds perfect for my car.
Well, I take what I said back then, lol!

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
definitely, i wanted a quiet exhaust as well and i love blastin bobs
just get the quietest one they offer and you'll be good
the mopar one is also pretty quiet

I'm sorry, but I had the Blasting Bobs "Y" pipe set-up, and it sounded too ricer to me compared to the Exhaust Depot stuff. Too raspy!! It has the sound though... JMHO.

·
Registered
8,995 Posts
Well, now that I got the little gap fixed, the stock R/T exhaust is very quiet! Before it sounded like straight pipes (a hole in the system will do that...), and now it's just barely louder than the stock single pipe. Think of the sound of the regular exhaust, then add the same to the left ear and it's smoother. :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Well, now that I got the little gap fixed, the stock R/T exhaust is very quiet! Before it sounded like straight pipes (a hole in the system will do that...), and now it's just barely louder than the stock single pipe. Think of the sound of the regular exhaust, then add the same to the left ear and it's smoother. :)
Ha i rolled around like that too for a couple days...HATED IT.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OUTSTANDING!!! I was thinking of finding an R/T or Daytona exhaust (which are the same thing) and installing that, so now I'm set. That's what I'll do. WHOOO-HA!!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'm sorry, but I had the Blasting Bobs "Y" pipe set-up, and it sounded too ricer to me compared to the Exhaust Depot stuff. Too raspy!! It has the sound though... JMHO.
which one did you get? i got the quietest one with ssr tips and it doesnt sound ricer at all
all i hear is a light deep grumble after 2k and barely gets louder

·
Registered
2,948 Posts

easiest route would be to add resonators, OR....use slightly larger/longer mufflers. more materials = more sound absorption

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
which one did you get? i got the quietest one with ssr tips and it doesnt sound ricer at all
all i hear is a light deep grumble after 2k and barely gets louder

A the time, it was the one that came with a "Y" pipe from your stock muffler, and went out with a 4" tip on each side. I still have those tips on my Exhaust Depot kit, just threw away the Y pipe.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts