Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure most of you know them but just for the ones that don't, these are the best portable set of lifts i've ever had, not affiliated to the brand just want to point out that are fantastic for any vehicle.
Got them through home depot, best price then, electric/hydraulic.
$.02!

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha! The charger runs but the vette can't!
Yes it's the 5000, complitely under rated, it lifts at least 3x what they say it does.
Cheers!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'll share my experience with the BL5000SLX and the Charger. V8 Charger curb weight is around 4500 lbs which is under the 5k capacity of this quickjack. The QJ seems to easily lift the Charger and it does it quietly too. With proper life points chosen the vehicle is very stable when lifted. The hydraulic unit is very compact and easy to store. The quick disconnect fittings are easy to use and don't leak.

Now for some of the bad stuff. The individual frames are 76lbs each. The frames have little wheels on them but they are still hard to maneuver. When moving them around I stand them straight up and carry them - a bit ackward. The frames are a bit of a struggle to position under the car on less than smooth surfaces. Inside on garage floor ok, outside in driveway tougher. The BL5000 frames really aren't long enough to reach the factory jack points. I had to double up the lift blocks to keep the frames from hitting the undercarriage. And I didn't use the pinch weld as the lift point. I didnt feel comfortable with the side skirt contact and rubber block compression. I use the lip just inboard the pinch weld.

The BL5000 has a 60in max lift point spread. There are units with 66 and 76 lift point spreads. Either of those is more appropriate for the Charger. Those do cost more than the BL5000 though. On the topic of cost, these quickjacks run $1000 plus depending on model and if you get them on sale.

These are overkill for just oil changes, but I rotate tires at oil changes and we have 4 cars. Using a jack and 4 Jack stands was just becoming a hassle. I would like for the QJ to lift the car 2 inches higher so that I could easily creeper around under the Charger. But I am fabricating lift blocks to get the QJ centered(Chargers are close to 50/50 weight distribution) and get those extra lift inches.
Here is how the old Intrepid looks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the exploded view, wasn't expecting anyone taking the time to do so and i appreciate it given the fact that the only vehicle i've lifted was the vette just because even with the ramps i have the car still won't cleat to go on the 4 post lift.
I honestly wasn't thinking about the weight distribution based on the fact they sell optional adapters to be able to lift a truck.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I’ve wanted these since I first saw em several yrs ago. Just never had the money esp not now bc gf and I bought a house in May. Yay for adulting.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Eh that’s sketchy. God for bid ya accidentally run em over. You done messed up A Aron.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'd like to see them pushed together under your charger, maybe the next time you use them we could see pics of the question?

I park over a ATV lift with my silverado every day. Its tight and I have things I align to but I have been doing in since the mid 90's. I sure would like to see those pushed together under a stock height, stock tire size charger .

·
Registered
157 Posts
Is it possible to push them together and park over them when not in use?
I have considered a set myself, storage being the issue. I have a smallish "2" car garage (that I couldn't fit 2 smart cars in) and have no wall space due to work,benches, tool boxes etc, so the only place they COULD go, would be under my car.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They'll fit under the car butted together or yoy can lean them against the wall, i'll snap a puc after i get a starter from rockauto and install it but yes you can

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In the mean time they're 11" wide each so butt together should be enough to ride over without running them over

·
Registered
651 Posts
I have a set of the 5000's and love them, have used it on 4 cars so far and aside from having to buy a set of pinch weld blocks for one oldsmobile at my house haven't had an issue lifting any of them

The only negative I can find is you can't come in from the sides, only the front and back (unless you setup the lifts sideways which is possible to do) Realized this while working on a midpipe. Huge plus though is they get the car high enough where I was able to blow the dust off my creeper i haven't used in years and roll myself in and out.

Also love the fact that once the car is up and safety locks in place you can remove all hoses freeing up more working space

·
Registered
651 Posts
Here are a few pics of my jacks in action, the silver oldsmobile was the one I simply couldn't find a good place for the lifts, front was fine but rear I had to use pinch weld adapters, good thing I bought a set off amazon when I first got the quickjack

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts