Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three quick questions:
Do they bolt right up on a Daytona with no spacers?
Are they clear coated? I assume they are.
Do the pressure sensors just work by themselves after a swap?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Three quick questions:
Do they bolt right up on a Daytona with no spacers?

My 06 R/T w R&T needed space/ers, I suspect the Daytona will too.

Are they clear coated? I assume they are.

Yup, you are correct sir! (in my Ed McMahon voice)

Do the pressure sensors just work by themselves after a swap?

Mine did, swapped them, drove a few miles and they were fine.

Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK went ahead and bought a set of STR rims last night. Too good to pass up. What kind of spacer is needed?

·
Registered
199 Posts
OK went ahead and bought a set of STR rims last night. Too good to pass up. What kind of spacer is needed?
Most say a 3mm spacer is sufficient. You can also grind a few millimeters off the control arms behind the wheel. I did and have had no problems. Good luck with the SRT rims! They totally change the look of your Charger for the better. SOmeone comments on mine at least once a week and I am about 2 weeks away from my one year anniversary.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I did the grinding on mine also... just put the wheels on and drive in reverse a bit- the wheel will rub on the control arms and then you know where to grind.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. I'll give the grinding a try, Hate spacers.
Now I just need to figure out what winter tires to get for my chrome clad wheels.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Didnt want to start a new post because I had the same questions as above plus what are the maximum tire sizes that will fit on the SRT rims?

I know 255/40s will, any larger?

·
Registered
622 Posts
More Info

I have done this mod also, and I think you can put 275/40-20's in the rear, with no rubbing. I will be finding out for sure in a couple weeks. :)

I do know for sure that the minimum wheel width for a 285 width tire is 9 1/2" inches, so you can't mount that without widening the SRT wheel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts