Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I posted here, actually I was to sad to come and visit here since almost two years ago I had to sell my 06 Charger sxt due to financial issues. But now everything is ok and I'm looking to get a new 09 Charger R/T R&T since there is a great deal going now. I'll be going to a dealership and let them know what I want. Like the one I built on the dodge site using build&price. But I have a few questions to ask... This is what I'll be getting.

- 09 Dodge charger R/T R&T (Quick order package 24R)
- Popular equipment group (option)
- Mygig entertainment system with navigation (option)
- Power sunroof (option)
- In brilliant Black

Here is one of the questions that I got, is it worth it to get factory HID installed right away as an option?

- HID (option) ($775CND)

Here is an other questions, will I have EVIC and the steering wheel buttons with my options? Only reason I'm asking is because I didn't have that on my sxt since I got it at a dealership.

Finally last question I can think of right now, when I go down to the dealership and build&price the Charger how long will it take to build?

Thanks a lot guys in advance, I'm really hoping to get this and be part of the family again :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
dunno about the hid, but you will have steering wheel controls. as for special order it would take many weeks, i was told 12 for mine it took 6. id get a different color. i have black, its nice but id be damned if it doesnt show the slightest scratch. even with car wash mits. id go lighter color. JMO

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
- HID (option) ($775CND)
Do it. While it's a lot of money and you'll be seeing $100 HID kits out there, the factory projectors are really, really nice. The cheap HID kits are bulb-only, which means you're throwing light all over the place. The projector cuts off the light that would go up, preventing that. I've got the factory set and I'm really happy.

Here is an other questions, will I have EVIC and the steering wheel buttons with my options? Only reason I'm asking is because I didn't have that on my sxt since I got it at a dealership.
I'm almost positive the Popular Equipment Group will get you that. I can't find a way to build via the web that specifically lists it, but that's the way it was last year.

Finally last question I can think of right now, when I go down to the dealership and build&price the Charger how long will it take to build?
Well, this is a hard one. Last year mine was built in less than three weeks. Now... it's an unknown. The Brampton assembly plant just re-opened on the 29th, but is shutting down on the 13th for the summer re-tool. They'd be building 2010 cars - at least in theory - after that. So it's an unknown. So far it's unclear if they'll be able to build it at all. Nobody seems to know.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
You will not be able to build/order a 2009 at this point in time. You will only be able to build/order a 2010. As mentioned, the plant just re-opened, and since they've been closed so long, they will probably only be completing the backlog of orders they haven't completed yet and won't be taking anymore 2009 orders. And I'd expect probably a 2 month wait if not more. This whole bankruptcy restructuring thing has killed any sort of a "normal" timeline.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Is it that hard to find a dealership that has the same options or very close to what you need? You can usually get a better deal when you don't order.

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
Is it that hard to find a dealership that has the same options or very close to what you need? You can usually get a better deal when you don't order.
It depends. When I was buying, there was a three month stretch beforehand where none of the five seven dealerships within 40 miles had any Charger R/Ts in stock. Funny thing is that that two weeks after I picked up my car, one dealership pulled in an R/T R&T in brilliant black, which sat on the lot for couple months. It was almost identical to mine but had Nav and didn't have HIDs, both options which would've been deal-breakers for me.

The other thing is that remember there hasn't been a new Charger made for two months. Even in the sales slump, the lots are going to have been swiss-cheesed.

Yours isn't a bad point by any means, but he may just not have the option.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I think if you order now, you'll be on the list for 2010! If not, it may still be in your best interest to wait for it anyway. If you want an '09 the deal will be off one that's alrady on the lot. If you want to build go with the 2010. Glad to see you're back & coming back strong with a New Charger!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks a lot guys for the encouraging words, there are 4-5 dealership around here and all of them but one have se, sxt. Only one has an R/T R&T but there's no mygig navigation, popular equipment group, no HID's. I'm going to guess that this doesn't have EVIC and steering wheel controls. So if they let me put in an order for an 09, I could take advantage of the consumer bonuses that's going on $11750CND off a new vehicle that's great. But what will the 2010 have that 2009 doesn't. Are they upgrading the engine, giving it more power? :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks a lot guys for the encouraging words, there are 4-5 dealership around here and all of them but one have se, sxt. Only one has an R/T R&T but there's no mygig navigation, popular equipment group, no HID's. I'm going to guess that this doesn't have EVIC and steering wheel controls. So if they let me put in an order for an 09, I could take advantage of the consumer bonuses that's going on $11750CND off a new vehicle that's great. But what will the 2010 have that 2009 doesn't. Are they upgrading the engine, giving it more power? :)
doubt there will be any major updates on 2010 vs 2009 but if i were you i would DEFINITELY hold my ground for another 2-3 months (even 5-6 if i had to) to get the 2010 over the 2009. in reality it doesnt really matter but when you have the 2009 in january and its really like 3-4 months old its gonna seem like a year. if you get a 2010 then its like brand new. realistically speaking that doesnt really matter but thats just me. i wouldnt get an 09 when the 10's are right around the corner. specially since you can say "i have a ten charger" vs "i have a 'O' nine charger" :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
I dunno, I got my '08 SE Plus "brand new" this year. You wanna talk about a dealer doing what they can to move a car off the lot. It was one of two "left over" '08s they were trying desperately to move. While I did end up financing full MSRP, that's actually not too bad considering we were about $7K upside down on our Town & Country we traded in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts