Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be buying an SXT charger in the next few days and as soon as I hand my dealer the cheque I plan to order a set of SRT replica's at 20x9, I'm looking to mount some 255/45/20 Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110's on all 4, I've been hearing mixed things and I'm just looking to find out if I'm going to need spacers on the front, if so how thick should they be? Or is there only one size of spacer? and is it something that my local tire shop will carry or needs to be ordered through partsource etc? (never had to look into them before so I'm a spacer newb :p)

Looking to get the rims/tires mounted ASAP so anybody with knowledge please share :D

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
It worked fine for me. But I did feel a weird vibration at 80 sometimes and it wouldn't go away until I came to a complete stop. The have to put the weights on the inside of the spokes, if they put them on the lip it will rub. I'd get spacers. 3-5mm is suggested.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
If you are getting replicas with the proper offset, you will not need spacers. If going with OEM SRT8 rims, 3mm spacers are recommended.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Dude Nanner did you not notice I have an SRT8 meow!!!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
If going with OEM SRT8 rims, 3mm spacers are recommended.[/QUOTE] DITTIO--thats what I used but I put them on all 4 corners,that kept them in line.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
If going with OEM SRT8 rims, 3mm spacers are recommended.
DITTIO--thats what I used but I put them on all 4 corners,that kept them in line.[/QUOTE]

Good idea. Why did I think of that... haha I risked it and didn't put any spacers on. haha

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like I'll be trying to get some 3mm spacers, any insight on weather the average tire/wheel shop has spacers or if its something I should order from an autoparts store?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
A good tire shop should have them in stock or can get them in a day or two.I work for American Tire Distributors and that is some of the stuff we carry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts