Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well when I get my charger, I plan to take the moldings off first thing. I know the technique I will use through searching the forums, but would it be safe (to the paint, etc) to spray WD40 first, let it set, then warm with a hairdryer before removal? (getting cold here in MD) Thanks alot.

· Registered
290 Posts
I don't think you need to do any of that. I pulled the molding off of my 06 and it was roughly 18 months old. I just pulled slowly and didn't have any problems.

· Banned
9,499 Posts
Once you get them started they just peel off....doing it while it is hot outside or heating them with a blow dryer tends to cut down on gum left on the car........some have almost no residue left...other have a lot...wd-40 or glue remover will quickly clean up any residue..

· Registered
285 Posts
My Charger was a year and a half old when I removed the moldings. I used a hair dryer, let the end of the molding warm up for a bit(I started at the front of the car) and slowly pealed it back. I didn't use WD40 or Goo Gone, I used alcohol wipes on any glue left over. Then I put a coat of paint cleaner on the doors where the moldings were, then a coat of polish and then wax to protect the paint. You probably dont have to do all of that but I wanted to make sure the paint was protected.

· Registered
1,829 Posts
Just rip them off a friend off mine that owns a body shop did with mine I amlost crapped my pants but everythinh came out just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.