Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is big outlook plan:

LTs and cats
Catback
AFE
180 T-stat
Diablo
Sidewinder (Later)

I can't buy the top 5 all at once. I was planning on doing the AFE, Diablo, and 180 t-stat this month and then do the LTs and Catback over the winter. When I get the LTs and catback installed should I re-install the Diablo? How does that work? Does this sound like a plan or should I go with the LTs and Catback first then the AFE, Diablo, 180 t-Stat? What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
You won't need to reinstall the Diablo once you put on the LTs and catback. If it's running a bit lean though from the LT's you may need to adjust the air to fuel ratio with the diablo.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Here is big outlook plan:

LTs and cats
Catback
AFE
180 T-stat
Diablo
Sidewinder (Later)

I can't buy the top 5 all at once. I was planning on doing the AFE, Diablo, and 180 t-stat this month and then do the LTs and Catback over the winter. When I get the LTs and catback installed should I re-install the Diablo? How does that work? Does this sound like a plan or should I go with the LTs and Catback first then the AFE, Diablo, 180 t-Stat? What are your thoughts?
I did the CAI first(AFE) The Diablo sounds good and the rest sounds like a plan, from what I hear, you can tune your Diablo to your mods as you go along. I have mine ordered. Good luck and enjoy.......You have gone to THE DARK SIDE of MODDING>>>>> Welcome:lol:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did the CAI first(AFE) The Diablo sounds good and the rest sounds like a plan, from what I hear, you can tune your Diablo to your mods as you go along. I have mine ordered. Good luck and enjoy.......You have gone to THE DARK SIDE of MODDING>>>>> Welcome:lol:
Yes I have... It is dark.

Every car I've had I've gone in saying, no modding. I've come to the conclusion that's impossible. Car guys will be car guys. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Why not order the AFE & Diablo Predator pkg. from TByrne. I believe they still have that pkg. available for a discount, you will save some $$. Check the Vendor Threads. Your plan sounds good. Do the cheaper mods, then save up for the Headers/Catback/Heads/Cam/Torque Converter/Blower/New Gears/Six Speed manual/Half shafts/etc.etc.etc.....you see it never really ends.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why not order the AFE & Diablo Predator pkg. from TByrne. I believe they still have that pkg. available for a discount, you will save some $$. Check the Vendor Threads. Your plan sounds good. Do the cheaper mods, then save up for the Headers/Catback/Heads/Cam/Torque Converter/Blower/New Gears/Six Speed manual/Half shafts/etc.etc.etc.....you see it never really ends.
ROFL!

Yeah I saw that package... Can't beat it!

We will see what happens. I may do Intake, Tuner, LTs, Catback all at once... F it! Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Well if you are going to do the installs your self, I would get the Catbacks and headers at the same time to save on install cost. Diablo is probably going to be the best bang for your buck. I would get diablo first. Where did you get the idea for those mods? Did you look at my signature? :)

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
same mod list as me hehe.
@metgo, i intend on sidewinder cuz its got wicked power behind it but mine is a daily driver and i dont wanna get a lopey cam and i still wanna retain mds :p id imagine this i the case for most.

i already got jba system on with afe stage 2 and a 180 stat. waiting on pred in the mail.

once i rake in some dough and break 36k miles(im at 24.5) ill be looking into forced induction, cam and heads. hopefully by the well have a good option for a supercharger that is safe. espec with diablo tuning.

but then ill be regretting the jba shorties probably. well see where the road leads. this car has to last me well over 100k miles ;) ... well over

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well if you are going to do the installs your self, I would get the Catbacks and headers at the same time to save on install cost. Diablo is probably going to be the best bang for your buck. I would get diablo first. Where did you get the idea for those mods? Did you look at my signature? :)
I just got the car so I've been doing some research. I think I watched your video and loved the sound. On my other two sports cars before I did the LT's, intake and Tune. I guess it's the best starting point! I'm not sure what LTs I will get. I had dynatechs on my GTO and loved them, so I'm of course leaning that way. LM sounds damn nice for the catback. I'll do a little more research in that department before I order.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
same mod list as me hehe.
@metgo, i intend on sidewinder cuz its got wicked power behind it but mine is a daily driver and i dont wanna get a lopey cam and i still wanna retain mds :p id imagine this i the case for most.

i already got jba system on with afe stage 2 and a 180 stat. waiting on pred in the mail.

once i rake in some dough and break 36k miles(im at 24.5) ill be looking into forced induction, cam and heads. hopefully by the well have a good option for a supercharger that is safe. espec with diablo tuning.

but then ill be regretting the jba shorties probably. well see where the road leads. this car has to last me well over 100k miles ;) ... well over
That's my excuse for always going with LTs... I never know what I'll want to do next.

·
Registered
167 Posts
whats your zip code again in IN?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts