Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the airtube mod work the same on the 2011-2014 models as it did on the 06-10 models? I'm going from a 08 to a 2013 R&T. Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Will the airtube mod work the same on the 2011-2014 models as it did on the 06-10 models? I'm going from a 08 to a 2013 R&T. Thanks for the help in advance.

I assume you are referring to the air intake tube? If that's the case, then yes it will work.

Just measure properly. Remember you want a tubing material that doesn't perpetuate heat soak. You also want a smooth tubing to allow for smooth flow. The stock tube has all the ridges which creates turbulent flow. You also don't want any radical bends in the tubing...obviously you need bends but I'm referring to something like a 90 degree angle, that's no Bueno.

PM Legmaker on the forum. He is the owner/creator of LMI intakes and is an expert on all things CAI.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume you are referring to the air intake tube? If that's the case, then yes it will work.

Just measure properly. Remember you want a tubing material that doesn't perpetuate heat soak. You also want a smooth tubing to allow for smooth flow. The stock tube has all the ridges which creates turbulent flow. You also don't want any radical bends in the tubing...obviously you need bends but I'm referring to something like a 90 degree angle, that's no Bueno.

PM Legmaker on the forum. He is the owner/creator of LMI intakes and is an expert on all things CAI.
I traded my 08 R&T and took the one I had on there off. Just wondering if I could use on the 13.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I traded my 08 R&T and took the one I had on there off. Just wondering if I could use on the 13.

Hmm, not sure on that one. The engine bay didn't change that much. Go for a test fit and see.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
It's the Airtube mod. See if it fits, and if not, mod it again!

If you did it the first time, you understand the point of it. :wink3:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's the Airtube mod. See if it fits, and if not, mod it again!

If you did it the first time, you understand the point of it. :wink3:

Will do!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I hooked it up. Fitment is about the same. The IAT sensor was a little different to remove but I figured it out. Now I just need a new filter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts