Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my question is that i took my car in to change all of my old fluids to new BND fluids and i was able to change my oil, coolant and..... oh wait that's right my mechanic told me that he wasn't able to change my transmission fluid due to the fact that my Daytona dosen't have a transmission stick. it has the stupid tube for the mechanic. my mechanic said he woudl do it but it woudl be really hard to just guess how much fluid went into the transmission and dosen't want something to happen to it. so if anybody had th esame problem like this what did you do? also can i just buy a transmission stick so i can check the level in the future instead of taking it into the dealership? any help would be awsome. thanks

·
Registered
498 Posts
my question is that i took my car in to change all of my old fluids to new BND fluids and i was able to change my oil, coolant and..... oh wait that's right my mechanic told me that he wasn't able to change my transmission fluid due to the fact that my Daytona dosen't have a transmission stick. it has the stupid tube for the mechanic. my mechanic said he woudl do it but it woudl be really hard to just guess how much fluid went into the transmission and dosen't want something to happen to it. so if anybody had th esame problem like this what did you do? also can i just buy a transmission stick so i can check the level in the future instead of taking it into the dealership? any help would be awsome. thanks
Check out the "everything" thread by Mnunes for the answers. :bowdown:
You can buy a stick, but IIRC it seemed expensive. To me, that's almost criminal condering that these cars have a leaky transmission! :( (So the fluid that you might be unexpectedly low on is hard to check without going to the dealer...)
I took it to the dealer. :driving:

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
A dead empty transmission will take 8 1/2 qts.......since you are not draining the converter start with 5 qts from dead empty. A fully warmed transmission will show 60-70mm of fluid on the stick.......here's a chart to follow for temp vs level.....you can use a metric ruler to measure the fluid on the stick,and an infrared point and shoot thermometer on the pan to get a temp reading.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
haha. Somehow i doubt anyone will go through what it takes to check the fluid correctly erik.
Two reasons car doesnt have a stick stock,
a/ its cheaper to sell the car without one (which i dont blame chrysler since most owners dont even know how to open the hood of their car)
b/ few people are gonna check the fluid, monitor trans fluid temp and fill correctly, so why give them the tool to do it wrong and over fill and ruin the tranny?

All you need to do if you dont have access to a starscan or montoring device is take the fluid to a repair shop and have them do a tranny flush with the new fluid.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Just measure what you remove and add the same amount back in. Although you should have the level checked the correct way to be sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts