Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just got some cash & I wanna get a couple mods done tomorrow:
:banana::D:banana:
I wanna paint the top & side of the tails, also paint the side reflectors of the headlights black. As far as interior I'm going to paint the steering wheel inserts & little bar that runs across the glove compartment to color match the paint, then paint the windshield pillars (Front, Sides, & Rear) black because 95% of the interior is black, I'm also gonna de-chrome the interior parts to give it a stealthy look.

Anyways my question is I went to Discount Auto Parts to look at paint, they don't have "Stone White" specifically but have other similar colors, I was wondering if anyone knows the right Brand, Type of Paint, & Color?? I was thinking Duplicolor since I hear their name tossed around alot on the forum. Appreciate the help guys.

Oh also, I was wondering if maybe I'd be able to paint the Cross Hair myself by removing the fascia & masking off most of the surrounding area. Thoughts Guys? Professional or Possible DIY? If so what paint would be recommended I suppose to withstand heat? & the process

I know its alot of questions but I've been so caught up with school & have the Charger on a Low Cash Diet lol. THANKS A MILL GUYS. :beerchug::bigthumb:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I went to O'reilly's Auto Parts and they color matched a rattle can for me. I used it paint my wheel inserts and it turned out really good.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
The crosshairs come out with the removal of I think 6 screws( I can't remember) but they suck to get out! Just open your hood take out the radiator covers and you'll see/feel the phillipshead screws, I think two in the center and two on each side. You could do a search.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I recommend the Duplicolor rattle cans unless you have a gun. The book beside the cans in the aisle will help you get the correct color( there's only one white on Chargers!)

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Yeah, the cross-hair grille is removable from the fascia, but the screws on the sides are tough to get at ... 1 at each end and 2 vertically stacked in the middle ... I used a stubby screwdriver for the end screws ... easier to do when it's warm out so the plastics have more "give"

Then you can pop out the insert which has either horizontal slats or a hooneycomb design, and paint the crosshairs all by themselves :)

And your local dealer can sell you rattle cans of color-matched paint, but they're small cans, and about $10-12 each :yikes:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks guys I appreciate it, I'm heading out right now to go buy the paint & start working. Thanks nunes btw I know you probably had to do research for the paint color code just to answer my question, good looks man. & yeah I'm gonna look for a crosshair removal thread, if not I might make one & maybe you could put it on the "How to do...Everything" thread? I'll let you guys know how it went & I'll buy a throw away camera & up load the pics

& I live in Orlando so I have lots of warm days:bigthumb:

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
GL, I hope your arm are long and skinny!:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts