Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when in reverse are the mirror supposed to go all the way down or partially ? I feel like the right side doesnt go as far down as I like it too. thoughts?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
when in reverse are the mirror supposed to go all the way down or partially ? I feel like the right side doesnt go as far down as I like it too. thoughts?
kevman1,

This is working as designed. One possibility is to tilt the passenger mirror downward more in its original position, as the auto adjust mirrors will tilt down from its original position.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
If initially positioned properly, you should at least see the tire/curb/parking space lines when it tilts down.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Most people have the exterior mirrors aimed improperly. Try setting them like this...

You shouldn't see your car in your side mirrors.

It takes a little getting used to, but once you do get used to it, you'll be surprised how natural it seems. You'll be able to see a lot more around you too.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most people have the exterior mirrors aimed improperly. Try setting them like this...

It takes a little getting used to, but once you do get used to it, you'll be surprised how natural it seems. You'll be able to see a lot more around you too.
Thanks, will have to try this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wish you could adjust the backup position, or choose to have only one mirror lower. I turned that function off because they went too far down and I back into my garage and couldn't see the door frame well enough.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
This is why I use blind-spot mirrors on my cars...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Also a great choice. I have them on my truck, but never did put any on the car. Works great to help see the lines when parking too.

·
Registered
432 Posts

And this is why I love the traffic sensors equipped on the Max. There's been about 2 times I've had someone in a blind spot on the highway and the car knew they were there. As soon as I turned on the turn signal (I didn't notice the light that illuminated on the outside mirror) the stereo turned down so low I could barely hear it and the car chimed like I broke something while flashing on the little screen between the speedometer and RPM. I am very happy with all the sensor functions that dodge put in as an option! :clap:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I believe in the manual it says the mirror positions for when you back up can be saved with the seat memory function. So if it's not exactly where you want them you should be able to adjust them and save them. Says it here at the bottom in caps. Hope it helps!

Tilt Mirrors In Reverse — If Equipped
Tilt Mirrors in Reverse provides automatic outside mirror
positioning which will aid the driver’s view of the
ground rearward of the front doors. The outside mirrors
will move slightly downward from the present position
when the vehicle is shifted into REVERSE. The outside
mirrors will then return to the original position when the
vehicle is shifted out of the REVERSE position. EACH
STORED MEMORY SETTING WILL HAVE AN ASSOCIATED TILT MIRRORS
IN REVERSE POSITION.
NOTE:
• The Tilt Mirrors in Reverse feature is not turned on