Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I joined Autopia detailing forums and man its confusing the heck out of me. They are naming all sorts of products Ive never heard of or seen in my life. Are any of you guys using glazes? Anyone tried one of the paint sealant systems you do yourself?

Im trying to bring the Yellow metallics in the sublime to life so it gets a lemon pearl look within the green like this

I asked for advice on that forum but they are naming all sorts of things I have no idea what they are talking about, and apparently there are all sorts of glaze / wax combos depending on the color of your car to "bring it to life" the most

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
having spent a little bit of time on those forums... I can honestly say those guys are nuts!

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
There's no reason to use a glaze on new paint and it will actually interfere with the adhesian of a sealant. First claybar it. Then give it a nice polish with something like Menzerna P106ff or PO85RD. Next, seal it with something like Menzerna FMJ, then if you want a deeper shine, give the FMJ a day to cure and then hit it with another FMJ coat or some carnauba wax on top. FMJ should be good for about 6 months between applications. I use a Porter-Cable 7424 + Edge pads to apply and microfiber towels to buff.

Best,

·
Registered
377 Posts
So far Zaino seems to be the easiest for me and lasts the longest. Never thought I'd say I'm tired of detailing, but I'm tired.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I use the products and techniques learned from Gary Kouba at Perfect Auto Finish in Roselle, IL. Although Gary sold the detailing business at the beginning of the summer, the new owner Kevin Traver) is continuing Gary's tradition of excellent detailing at a reasonable price and very value/cost products.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts