Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put my stock rims and tires on Craigslist once my new 22's arrive. My only problem is I have no clue what a good price for these would be or if anyone would even be interested.

By the time the new rims get here, the stock rims and tires will probably have about 500 miles or so on them. What should be my asking price for these??? This is NOT a "for sale" thread. Just a thread asking how much $$$.

These are the rims I want to sell...

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
Honestly, I don't want to sound rude but selling your factory rims is really "ghetto" in my opinion, I've needed to put my factory wheels on in many occasions.

I see you don't live in a cold climate, but what if you decide to sell the car and want to keep your rims? What if you bend one of the rims (Been through that 7 times with my 24s, and 3 times on my 22s over the years), what if your rims get stolen? What if you curb it and needs replaced? What if they have to go out to be custom painted or anything?

Factory wheels are VERY useful to keep around.

I always tell my buddies not to buy rims if they can't afford it without selling the factory rims.. it just doesn't make sense.. it's always nice to have an insurance policy.

Just my advice to you.

I have RT rims just sitting all pretty, with 1000 miles on them, would trade someone for some CHEAPO base rims or something someday and cash, if I found the right buyer.

Infact, right now my stock rims are on my 2003 expo because I just bent 2 of those rims the other day (the roads arent even that bad here). So I can still drive, I keep all my factory rims (even though technically, I could throw the rims on either car, bolt pattern works (5x114.3 and 5x115 is 99.9% the same, and interchanged all the time by tire shops when they sell rims)

But I just like to have em around just in case I sell them. My davins on the charger were on my 1995 expo before, if I hadn't kept the stockers, I'd have to have sold them, or bought new wheels (pain).

Just my advice :)

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
Advice well taken and makes plenty of sense. I'm a tard sometimes. I'll keep 'em. :)
Just trying to help. I promise you will kick yourself if you sell them ;)

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I just made a post on here recently, had to take the car in for some warranty work, not saying my 22's CAUSED the problem, but I took the 22's off and put the stockers back on for that trip to the dealership. everything went well. they had seen my rims one other time prior when I went for an oil change but the topic of rims never came up this last time. just adding on to what jason said. although I live in Michigan so I will need my stockers come winter. unlike the escalade that rolls around here on like 26" dub wheels all winter :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts