Charger Forums banner

Question on deposits and refunds

1151 Views 9 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Charger Fan
Here's a question - what happens if you put a deposit down on a Daytona, but another dealer closer to you get's theirs in beforehand, how do you get your deposit back or can you?

I just bought a Durango Limited for my wife last night and in my quest to find a Daytona, actually put a deposit down at a different dealership than the one we would normally go to. I've bought 4 vehicles through this dealership and have been extremely happy with the experience everytime, however, they were not due to get Daytona's (3) for at least 8-12 weeks. The dealership I found is about an hour south and they faxed me the car's build sheet, VON & VIN and it is out of build and in JS status. Supposidly my local dealership's are still in build so they likely will be about 12 weeks. Short of getting some VIN numbers or VON numbers from them to actually call and get status, I don't know the facts on theirs. They did say because of our order history, that if they got in Daytona's before the dealer that I have the deposit at, they will 'rebate' me the $1000 deposit in order to keep me as a customer. Sounds good, but still the issue of getting my deposit back. I did not have the car "ordered" for me, it was already on order for the dealership and I just put the deposit down to 'hold' it for me, no paperwork showing a 'committment' or 'non-refundable' deposit indicated.

So wondering where I stand? Personally I do not care which dealership I get it from and my local dealer said if I get it from the other dealership before they get theirs in, by all means bring it by so everyone can check it out and I can have it serviced there even though I didn't buy it there, course like I said, I have purchased 4 vehicles there now, excluding the Daytona.

Things that make ya go HMMMMM?
1 - 3 of 10 Posts
Yeah that would be my take too, although I did not get a receipt (used a cc over the phone) or have to sign anything to 'commit' nor did they send me anything indicating that the order was binding or deposit non-refundable. I don't want to back out of any deal, but I want the car asap, so if my local dealer somehow gets one sooner, there is no way I could see it there knowing it could be mine and be stuck with waiting even a week longer to get the one I am holding with the deposit. Quite frankly I would forfeit the $1000 to have the car a week sooner - is that insane or what! :eek: I don't think it will come to that though :)
1. It was an inbound unit for stock.

2. Price is fixed at MSRP + Dealer Prep of $648

3. They faxed me the order sheet for the car that is "mine" by placing the deposit on it. Price was written on the bottom with the dealer prep added on.

4. I confirmed by phone the price again to make sure that it was correct and was told that the price on the sheet faxed to me was the correct price - $37,004 + tax/tag/title & fees.

They are faxing me financing paperwork Monday and I'm getting it in writing the price and such since everyone around seems to be putting a "Price Addendum" on these of anywhere from $5000-$10,000.

I'm not going to be backing out on this deal because waiting a couple extra weeks or not, MSRP + dealer prep is the best deal I have found anywhere in my search. Even tried having the local dealer locate one for me and they found 6 units, but no dealer would release them to my dealer or if they would, they wanted $10,000 over MSRP - F-OFF!
1 - 3 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.