Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm having a hard time figuring out when i am at WOT.Anybody know which pin(?) needs to be enabled.I've has throttle position enabled but it just shows a flat 0 on the graph.I think its just voltage or some bs anyway.Thanx

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
I'm having a hard time figuring out when i am at WOT.Anybody know which pin(?) needs to be enabled.I've has throttle position enabled but it just shows a flat 0 on the graph.I think its just voltage or some bs anyway.Thanx
I forget which pid it is and where you find it but it will be measured in %. Forget logging the voltage, that's not what you want.

What else are you logging?

So, kenny...how are you liking the Pred? :beerchug:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey curtis-whats up!

Me like predator-lol
I'm logging knk st retard
knk lt retard
spark plug advance 1(something like that,not even sure why i am logging it- just read it on here somewhere)
ect

Just not sure how to put it altogether,like i said,I dont see WOT so the info is kinda worthless right now.I've made 2 runs since i had it,the 1st time i didnt go all out and got 0 knock.The 2nd run i got 4.5 knk st retard(max),but since i cant see other info,that coulda been false knock while shifting.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
hey curtis-whats up!

Me like predator-lol
I'm logging knk st retard
knk lt retard
spark plug advance 1(something like that,not even sure why i am logging it- just read it on here somewhere)
ect

Just not sure how to put it altogether,like i said,I dont see WOT so the info is kinda worthless right now.I've made 2 runs since i had it,the 1st time i didnt go all out and got 0 knock.The 2nd run i got 4.5 knk st retard(max),but since i cant see other info,that coulda been false knock while shifting.
Hey Ken...glad to hear you like predator!

If you can't find the TPS pid, then log rpm...you can at least tell when you are going wide open throttle. If the time and space permit, run it through to at least 3rd gear or 4th if you can...that way you get a more indicative reading of what your engine is doing through all rpm ranges and loads. :bigthumb:

You haven't seen any LT knock in either of your 2 runs? Hey, that's good news!!! Some say under 5* ST knock is acceptable...others say 3*. I had a max of 3 once things settled. At first, I had a max of 8* but for a very short time (fraction of a second)...which I found odd because ST knock usually steps down...I don't know if you've noticed. Most of my knock was either right after going WOT, or right after a shift. I wasn't worried too much!

I was running ACES IV (BND Automotive) and 89 octane on the pred's 93 tune.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx curtis-i dont remember seeing rpm,but ill look for the TPS pid.On another thread mmunes refers to RAWTPS1(v).Is that what you are referring to?I probably should hook up my laptop and get better options.Just dont like the idea of my $1000 laptop sitting unsecure while i am getting on it.Hate to have to slam on brakes quick!

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Why run Lower octane with the 93 tune?

I havenet data logged much but When i did never saw much ST knk Retard. Never Any LT Knk Retard.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
thanx curtis-i dont remember seeing rpm,but ill look for the TPS pid.On another thread mmunes refers to RAWTPS1(v).Is that what you are referring to?I probably should hook up my laptop and get better options.Just dont like the idea of my $1000 laptop sitting unsecure while i am getting on it.Hate to have to slam on brakes quick!
I'm not sure if that was it Kenny...that may be one available when you use the laptop. Let me know if you find it!

Why run Lower octane with the 93 tune?

I havenet data logged much but When i did never saw much ST knk Retard. Never Any LT Knk Retard.
I was running lower octane because I was using ACES IV. A car makes the most power when running as close to the point of detonation without ever reaching that point...achieving the most complete burn of the fuel. To me, running 93 octane and ACES IV on a 93 tune is just overkill. Too high an octane for what your engine requires will not produce more power but may in fact be detrimental to achieving peak power. Besides, I was using ACES IV because 93 or 94 is not at every gas station around here. I tried ACES IV in 91 octane on the 93 tune, but I had better results using 89.

Stock, our cars are known to run rich...it's safer that way in the eyes of the manufacturers.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure if that was it Kenny...that may be one available when you use the laptop. Let me know if you find it!

I was running lower octane because I was using ACES IV. A car makes the most power when running as close to the point of detonation without ever reaching that point...achieving the most complete burn of the fuel. To me, running 93 octane and ACES IV on a 93 tune is just overkill. Too high an octane for what your engine requires will not produce more power but may in fact be detrimental to achieving peak power. Besides, I was using ACES IV because 93 or 94 is not at every gas station around here. I tried ACES IV in 91 octane on the 93 tune, but I had better results using 89.

Stock, our cars are known to run rich...it's safer that way in the eyes of the manufacturers.
Exactly..thats why i am taking it one step at a time.I'm in no rush-my goal is to be where you were at :running 87 octane with ACES iv on a 93 tune.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Exactly..thats why i am taking it one step at a time.I'm in no rush-my goal is to be where you were at :running 87 octane with ACES iv on a 93 tune.
Ken, I was NEVER running 87...I was always on 89 with ACES IV. Tried 91 once with ACES but didn't have the same power. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
my bad-i meant 89
Phew! I didn't want you to blow up your engine!!! Probably wouldn't have but performance would not have been there...

The PID to use to see WOT is "PTC PDL PERCENT"

Thanks, I couldn't remember exactly what it was called. Now, where's kennyo?

Answer: Out having a ton of fun with his pred!!!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanx slip-the graph included was informative.Now..the "mph" and "rpm" pids are gotten not using a laptop?,cause i hasvent even seen those when i select my pids.
I keep confusing the 87 and 89 when talking bout it.I have never used 87 in my car,curtis.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
thanx slip-the graph included was informative.Now..the "mph" and "rpm" pids are gotten not using a laptop?,cause i hasvent even seen those when i select my pids.
I keep confusing the 87 and 89 when talking bout it.I have never used 87 in my car,curtis.
mph and rpm can be logged using just your pred, without the laptop. I used those pids as well when I logged.

Hahaha...I get that you haven't used 87 in your car, man!!! Heck, 89 is recommended from the factory although 87 is ok to use if you're stock...driving on a flat road with a tail wind!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ya know what,curtis-i just went into the predator knowledge base on here and seen what i am doing wrong on selecting mph and rpm pids.I'll give it a shot today.
I was curious-I see that with the use of a laptop they say you can check and see if your CAI is actually cooling the air coming in.Do you know how to do that?

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Ya know what,curtis-i just went into the predator knowledge base on here and seen what i am doing wrong on selecting mph and rpm pids.I'll give it a shot today.
I was curious-I see that with the use of a laptop they say you can check and see if your CAI is actually cooling the air coming in.Do you know how to do that?
I never went that far with it Ken. I don't have a laptop...I know, I know, I'm stuck in the dark ages!:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I tried it again and it seems to be pretty good.No knk lt retard and up to 2 knk st retard when at WOT between 4-5000 rpms.I tried it after that on a 93cai tune and the numbers were not so good.knk lt retard up to 2 and st retard up to 7.5.I dont even think better gas is going to fix those numbers.Most likely calling Brian at BND on friday and buying my 1st quart.
I used the laptop and took ambient temp and intake manifold temp.The ambient was cooler.Isnt that backwards with a CAI intake on the car?Probably looking at it cross-eyed and clueless.
The use of the laptop was ok,nothing amazing.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Thanks for the update kenny!

I think adding ACES to your fuel and running the 93 tune shoudl deal with the LT knock you are seeing. Like I said, I was running ACES in 89!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My question is:Why is any knk retard allowed?It would seem to me as your biting into the power part of the higher rpms that is when you see this occur.Doesn't that retard the timing at that part and power decreases?Or is it because it is considered just a short spirt(knk st retard) and not a big deal?I'm just trying to understand it-seems you would want 0 all the time.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
My question is:Why is any knk retard allowed?It would seem to me as your biting into the power part of the higher rpms that is when you see this occur.Doesn't that retard the timing at that part and power decreases?Or is it because it is considered just a short spirt(knk st retard) and not a big deal?I'm just trying to understand it-seems you would want 0 all the time.
You do want it to be 0, if possible. I never increased fuel or anything (never got that far into tuning). ST is not a big deal as long as it stays low.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts