Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many rear wheel horse power does a stock srt8 puts down? Dyno sheets proof will be best thanks

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
The drivetrain loss is right about 20%. Do a search, noob. People have posted this before.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
[email protected] Mr. Goat isnt too noob. He's been around a bit, and driven pretty hard too ;)
Seriously though, most that I can recall are sayin between 360-380, and IIRC they are saying closer to a 17% loss through the drivetrain on the SRTs.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok the reason i asked this is because we were having a debate in a mustang forum and i was looking for some dyno proof off a srt8. There was one proof but it is hard to believe he puts down about 400 rwhp. Has any other srt8 gotten this monstrous numbers :grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
He may not be stock. Heck, with a Diablo on a stock SRT I can believe those numbers. Alot of Chargers are just stronger out of the box than others. Its weird, but there are enough out there that have had as much as 10% more stock hp than others. That sheet could be stock and legit.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
X2 on the out of the box, I know that the daytonas have some differences between them, I can reason that the SRT are the same. imo

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
400 could be true w a cai, and exhaust etc, stock would probably be 370-380

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
ok the reason i asked this is because we were having a debate in a mustang forum and i was looking for some dyno proof off a srt8. There was one proof but it is hard to believe he puts down about 400 rwhp. Has any other srt8 gotten this monstrous numbers :grin:
wait a minute...... do you have a life!?!?!? I see you on Charger forums all the time, I assume you are on a GTO forums of some sort, and now you say you are on a mustang forum!!!! wow....

just giving you a hard time though... ;)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wait a minute...... do you have a life!?!?!? I see you on Charger forums all the time, I assume you are on a GTO forums of some sort, and now you say you are on a mustang forum!!!! wow....

just giving you a hard time though... ;)
yeah i troll many sites, is an addiction :tongue:

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I think the drive trains loss is about 18%. That would put an SRT around 350 RWHP.

I am very skeptical when people say 370-380. I can believe 360, but if it was 370 RWHP, that would mean the car really has 450 BHP. I think dodge would sell a lot more SRTs if it had 25 more hp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts