Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awhile ago I found out about the turn key NoESP. Tried it worked great. 3 Days later my air bag light comes on and has been on since. Anyone else have this problem? Thats first happened in early August. Dealership says a sensor in the passenger seat is bad. Do you think the turn key method contributed to this?

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I've done the turn key noesp trick about 5 times total and haven't had any lights pop up after that. the original poster who found out about this trick has been doing it for a while and no problems. probably unrelated.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I'd say no relation to you doing the turn-key thing .... I've done it a few times now and no problems yet. Shut off car and restart it when I have to go somewhere later and lights are out, ESP in full action again

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Has anyone with a SRT8 tried the turn key trick? I tried it and it did nothing. I tried it to see if it did something different then Holding my ESP button for 5 seconds.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I would assume it is related.

Simply because when those of us who can't do this trick try to, the system pops that light on. This sensor is definately getting tickled when you do it.

Ask your service writer this question and let us know what the look on his face is when you do. :lol:

I AM a service writer and I will say again that it is not related. (even though I'm a Ford and not a Dodge writer, I've been doing it long enough to guesstimate this)

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I would assume it is related.

Simply because when those of us who can't do this trick try to, the system pops that light on. This sensor is definately getting tickled when you do it.

Ask your service writer this question and let us know what the look on his face is when you do. :lol:
Yea but the OP said it worked for him and when it does work, the airbag light does not pop on.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have used the turnkey trick about 10 times and have never seen the airbag light light on.
Randy

·
Registered
379 Posts
Do it all the time as well. Love to turn up the WOTage at a stop!
No lights...

·
Registered
47 Posts
You don't need to do the Turn Key trick on the SRT... it is fully disabled with the button isn't it? Oh and the turn key trick works llike a charm on my 07 RT AWD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts