Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is she your daily driver? After hearing the rumors that lime might be the next Daytona color, and seeing AZCHARGER and everyone else just gushing over theirs, I think I'm going to get an 07. Then I found myself thinking I'd be scared to death to take it to the mall or something and have some **** kid **** it up, or some idiot fling their door open against it. Driving to work I'm not worried about, it's real close to home.

So what gives, do you have an additional "beater car"?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
NOPE! She is my daily driver!

In fact "daily" I try to find excuses to drive my Daytona! :lol:

Then I found myself thinking I'd be scared to death to take it to the mall or something and have some **** kid **** it up, or some idiot fling their door open against it.
I try to park like a 1/4 mile away from everyone! :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
my daytona is my only mode of transportation..... and yes... when I pull into a parking lot I park dead center of 4 spots... :whistle:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
my daytona is my only mode of transportation..... and yes... when I pull into a parking lot I park dead center of 4 spots...
AMEN my Daytona BROTHER! :D :D

·
Registered
732 Posts
Daily driver, I'm very picky about parking but you can't live life worried about your car, drive it and enjoy it.

Rod

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to hear!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Daily driver for me too, unless it snows too much, then I will drive my Durango or Ram 3500 Diesel.( I live in Colorado)

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
my daytona is my only mode of transportation..... and yes... when I pull into a parking lot I park dead center of 4 spots... :whistle:

Your lucky you guys live in the desert, beacuse in a big city, if you park in 4 spots I guarrantee you will get a nice key scratch all down your car!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
ltdodge said:
Your lucky you guys live in the desert, beacuse in a big city, if you park in 4 spots I guarrantee you will get a nice key scratch all down your car!!!

I totally agree! Hogging 4 spots in my town would generally create hostilty and retribution from some miscreant. (Some jackass would key it for sure)
I need the exercise anyway, so I just park far enough away from the action. Though I remember a few times when I parked a LONG way away and when I came out from shopping some idiot parked right next to me anyway. Go figure.

I am more worried about someone stealing it than keying or dinging it. I am thinking about a "Club" or some other device for the first time. Anyone else doing this?

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
RJ Schuff said:
I am more worried about someone stealing it than keying or dinging it. I am thinking about a "Club" or some other device for the first time. Anyone else doing this?
I lock it, remove the key, make sure there is nothing in plain sight that thieves would try to steal, then I go in to the store/work/ where ever. If I come back outside and its gone, I have full coverage. Thats about the only thing you can do. The club only slows them down. If they want it bad enough, they'll get it somehow (read in an article car thieves were using flat-bed tow trucks to steal cars, looked like they were just picking up a broken car, but they would steal them and stip them down....).

·
Registered
245 Posts
NOPE...
I drive a -97 Dakota back and forth to work.

The Daytona is strictly a pleasure vehicle.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Definately a daily driver. Once you drive this car why would you want to drive anything else. I can't get enough of her. :drool: :love: :rockon:

·
Banned
236 Posts
Daily commuter vehicle - 4 miles to work.

I'm thinking about riding my bike....nah, it's getting too cold outside.

Maybe next summer when gas is up to $5.

Daytona #1247

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
don't have a daytona...but i park in the middle of nowhere so nothing happens to my baby also.....the problem with any new car.....you are gonna get a few scratches. ya just have to keep up with fixing them. and it sucks to discover the first one..... :happy: :happy:

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cork said:
Daily commuter vehicle - 4 miles to work.

I'm thinking about riding my bike....nah, it's getting too cold outside.

Maybe next summer when gas is up to $5.

Daytona #1247
Yeah, I'm a mile from work, so biking is always a good possibility.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts