Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 2012 Charger R/T AWD.
I plan on doing the brakes and looked at Rock Auto and there were a lot of options.
It is a NON-POLICE model.

Is there any way to know if I have dual piston calipers?

I think they also wanted to know the diameter of front and/or back rotors.

Also, would the back rotors be solid or vented?

I'd like to have everything on hand before I start this so I don't have to rip into it twice.

I was planning on going with the slotted/drilled rotors.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
12.6 front and back rotors. Yes all 5.7s have dual pistons. And you can run your finger along the rotor to see if it’s vented or solid. I want to say vented.

Reactions: Charger4FUN

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
All the AWDs have the BR5 package (standard on R/T): 13.6" vented front rotors with dual piston calipers / 12.6" vented rear rotors with single piston calipers. Front pads have 1058 in the number, rear pads are 1057's

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought the following from Amazon:
Power Stop K2853-26 1-Click Street Warrior Z26 Brake Kit
Currently about $430 but a serious upgrade on my 2011 R/T AWD.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
I bought the following from Amazon:
Power Stop K2853-26 1-Click Street Warrior Z26 Brake Kit
Currently about $430 but a serious upgrade on my 2011 R/T AWD.
You will like the rotors (I have PowerStop drilled/slotted rotors on all three of my cars), it will be interesting to see how the Z26 pads perform: I had Z23 pads and they stunk when cold (I replaced them with the Raybestos EHT pads). The Z37 Top Cop pads I use with the BR9 brakes stop great hot or cold.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You will like the rotors (I have PowerStop drilled/slotted rotors on all three of my cars), it will be interesting to see how the Z26 pads perform: I had Z23 pads and they stunk when cold (I replaced them with the Raybestos EHT pads). The Z37 Top Cop pads I use with the BR9 brakes stop great hot or cold.
I had them installed last year so I have just used them through a great lakes area winter and they were fine. I was a bit worried myself but no issues.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought the Raybestos EHT brakes and new rotors. I will install them this, or next weekend and advise how thy are.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Also running EHT pads on an R/T. My fronts are down to 4mm and the rotors look fine (rotor friendly) and you have to get close with a flashlight to see the dust.
Very nice pads.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought the Raybestos EHT brakes and new rotors. I will install them this, or next weekend and advise how thy are.
I stayed with the original O.E. pads didn't want to deal with the squeaking after they get dirty of aftermarket pads, I only paid 85.00 for O.E. pad kit same one you would get from a dealer check them out they seem to have everything here https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/

·
Registered
1,141 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I know, right?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
@racerx1986. There are several aftermarket pads much better and less apt to squeal than OE if you choose correctly.
But you found happiness with your choice so there it is.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts