Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking at pics of the new srt-8 and i want to know do you think the hood on that car and the spoiler would be a body syling package on other model chargers. im looking to get a r/t and i would kill to have a spoiler and hood scoop like the srt-8.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Bklyn_Charger said:
i was looking at pics of the new srt-8 and i want to know do you think the hood on that car and the spoiler would be a body syling package on other model chargers. im looking to get a r/t and i would kill to have a spoiler and hood scoop like the srt-8.
Mopar provides these aftermarket. Search these forums, it's on here somewhere (or perhaps on dodgetalk.com).

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Sure about that, epoch?:) The spoilers somebody else posted about were closer to the new Stang:) And the only hoods out there are the ones that RK Sport makes for the Magnum.

For the factory hood, your gonna pay through the nose, my geuss is well over 800.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
GLHS837 said:
Sure about that, epoch?:) The spoilers somebody else posted about were closer to the new Stang:)

That was me, and you are absolutely right. It's not like me not to catch something like that. I apologize for that guys. After comparing, it's not a choice! :) :whistle: Mike

·
Registered
315 Posts
no the factory hood is 325 a least that is waht my dodge dealer told me

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
needasrt4 said:
no the factory hood is 325 a least that is waht my dodge dealer told me
for that I'll take one...... :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
That factory SRT8 scoop is integrated... right?

I put it at over $1K

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
needasrt4 said:
no the factory hood is 325 a least that is what my dodge dealer told me
Hmmmm, can he get you an paper showing that price? Seems real low.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Bklyn_Charger said:
what about the spoiler

My thought is $300-400. Being that it's a multi-piece design, which should cost more to produce.

And, yes, 6.1 the scoop sure looks integral, like the -4s Look at these, if it's not integrated, theres a lot of handwork making it look that way.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
I know for a fact that they're going to make it...saw it over on dodgetalk.com, but now I can't find the stupid thread and I've wasted like fifteen minutes already.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
WTH is up with a forum with no damn search engine? Or is that feature just for members?

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Hi guys! the hood is indeed one piece (intregal) and fully functional like the "power bulge hood" on the SRT10. I had one on my 03 Ram 1500 Hemi. My price from my friends at the dealership was $627.00. That was 10% over cost. The scoop forces air into the engine compartment, not the induction. Better than nothing IMHO. I never had any issues with rain blowing in the engine, although didn't get caught in the rain that much. I'm probabaly preaching to the choir here. Regards to AL!! Mike

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
GLHS837 said:
WTH is up with a forum with no damn search engine? Or is that feature just for members?
Just for members...

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
So the SRT-10 Ram hood was $627? Sounds about right. I would use that as a ballpark over what any delaer types who are working a sale might tell you.

I wouldn't sweat rain getting in. You can be sure that kinda thing has been tested up to monsoon levels before being approved for production.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
GLHS837 said:
So the SRT-10 Ram hood was $627? Sounds about right. I would use that as a ballpark over what any delaer types who are working a sale might tell you.

I wouldn't sweat rain getting in. You can be sure that kinda thing has been tested up to monsoon levels before being approved for production.
Believe me my friend, not sweating that at all. Because my show cars never see the rain. Crazy, I know, but that's the way I am when it comes to that. The truck was treated like one, but also used for work. :) Regards!! Mike

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so what the hood scoop and spoiler WILL be options on future chargers?
what about those HOT 5 spoke rims with srt on one of the spokes will they be options also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased an SXT, and I was hoping that I could get the hood scoop and the rear spoiler installed because I love the way the charger looks with those options....Because the cars are so new, I dont think a lot of aftermarket shops will be offering anything great, so going through the dealer maybe the best choice. Im going to consult my dealer tomorrow and will let you guys know....

·
Registered
26 Posts
mmikej24 said:
I just purchased an SXT, and I was hoping that I could get the hood scoop and the rear spoiler installed because I love the way the charger looks with those options....Because the cars are so new, I dont think a lot of aftermarket shops will be offering anything great, so going through the dealer maybe the best choice. Im going to consult my dealer tomorrow and will let you guys know....

Lee AutoMall has all the parts you want

http://www.leeparts.com/charger.html

1 - 20 of 22 Posts