Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a little off topic .. kinda. Do your shifter handles happen to fit an 08 Wrangler? I would like to change my stock one .....

I would try to switch the one in our charger .. but from the sounds the one in the charger doesnt screw on .. and I am pretty sure the one in the wrangler does.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
This is a little off topic .. kinda. Do your shifter handles happen to fit an 08 Wrangler? I would like to change my stock one .....

I would try to switch the one in our charger .. but from the sounds the one in the charger doesnt screw on .. and I am pretty sure the one in the wrangler does.
I'm sending you a PM :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<--- Can hardly wait! heh

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I guess after 6 weeks and little to no info ... its not looking to good.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Well I guess after 6 weeks and little to no info ... its not looking to good.
Prime reason why I am here at all hours (Neal dropped the ball). I just pulled your shifters from QC. They have repro rubber in them for impressions.

Expect a call tomorrrow. I have set this on his phone with a not so nice note to take care of the customer.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Prime reason why I am here at all hours (Neal dropped the ball). I just pulled your shifters from QC. They have repro rubber in them for impressions.

Expect a call tomorrrow. I have set this on his phone with a not so nice note to take care of the customer.
Talked with Dan today ... he is sending my shifters back.........

He told me maybe in the future they will make something for the commander ....... err I have a wrangler.

uhh .. I guess I will look elsewhere.
Thanks?

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Talked with Dan today ... he is sending my shifters back.........

He told me maybe in the future they will make something for the commander ....... err I have a wrangler.

uhh .. I guess I will look elsewhere.
Thanks?
I was in the discussion this morning. In order to make any of our shifters fit with what you sent it would require a complete redesign from the ground up and build you a one off. Hollowing out what we have still would not have worked (in order to install with a set screw) because we would have broke thru on the material on our current shifter setups.

We have a Commander shifter in here as well and it requires the same type of setup to fit with what you have also.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was in the discussion this morning. In order to make any of our shifters fit with what you sent it would require a complete redesign from the ground up and build you a one off. Hollowing out what we have still would not have worked (in order to install with a set screw) because we would have broke thru on the material on our current shifter setups.

We have a Commander shifter in here as well and it requires the same type of setup to fit with what you have also.

Well, I'd bet there are more 07-08 jeeps on the road than 06-08 chargers. Might be a good move to make one.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Well, I'd bet there are more 07-08 jeeps on the road than 06-08 chargers. Might be a good move to make one.
Currently BT is making parts for the:

LX platform vehicles (300, Magnum and Charger)
Caliber's
SRT4 Neons
and only a handful of parts for the Jeep GC SRT (same parts that fit the LX's)

On the block for 08 is Ford and GM parts. Hopefully in the future more Jeep parts will come online.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad I bought that extra stock shifter .. was well worth it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts